* new Coccinelle mailing list
@ 2021-08-25  8:18 Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2021-08-25  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hello,

This mailing list uses sympa rather than mailman.  It should be configured
so that everyone can view the archives.  Please let me know if there are
any problems.  I will also check that messages continue to be archived on
lore.  A few people were subscribed to receive a digest.  I am looking
into how that can be done for the new list.

julia

* Re: Checking time dimension for the migrated message archive
@ 2021-08-25 10:56 ` Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2021-08-25 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall; +Cc: cocci

> This mailing list uses sympa rather than mailman.  It should be configured
> so that everyone can view the archives.

Thanks for another information.

> Please let me know if there are any problems.

Did you limit the amount of messages in the archive to this year (or even
new data because of the switch) intentionally?
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/cocci/2021-08/

How do you think about to extend the time range for searches in the history
according to discussion contents?

Regards,
Markus

* Re: Checking time dimension for the migrated message archive
@ 2021-08-25 11:06   ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2021-08-25 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Elfring; +Cc: cocci

On Wed, 25 Aug 2021, Markus Elfring wrote:

> > This mailing list uses sympa rather than mailman.  It should be configured
> > so that everyone can view the archives.
>
> Thanks for another information.
>

> > Please let me know if there are any problems.
>
> Did you limit the amount of messages in the archive to this year (or even
> new data because of the switch) intentionally?
> https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/cocci/2021-08/
>
> How do you think about to extend the time range for searches in the history
> according to discussion contents?

Thanks for the report.  My first guess would be that the limitation to
this year would be because there are not messages from a year other than
this one?  I will collect the archives shortly from the previous mailing
list and put them on the website for historical purposes, but I don't know
if it's possible to propagate mailman archives to sympa.  Fortunately
there is lore which will hopefully soon be connected to the new list.

@ 2021-08-25 16:29     ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2021-08-25 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall; +Cc: Markus Elfring, cocci

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 01:06:28PM +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:
> > How do you think about to extend the time range for searches in the history
> > according to discussion contents?
>
> Thanks for the report.  My first guess would be that the limitation to
> this year would be because there are not messages from a year other than
> this one?  I will collect the archives shortly from the previous mailing
> list and put them on the website for historical purposes, but I don't know
> if it's possible to propagate mailman archives to sympa.  Fortunately
> there is lore which will hopefully soon be connected to the new list.

The lore archiver should now properly process these messages:
https://lore.kernel.org/cocci/alpine.DEB.2.22.394.2108251303550.10017@hadrien/T/

This message is party a test to verify that it's working.

Best regards,
-Konstantin

* Re: Checking time dimension for the migrated message archive
@ 2021-08-25 16:31       ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2021-08-25 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: cocci, Markus Elfring

On Wed, 25 Aug 2021, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 01:06:28PM +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:
> > > How do you think about to extend the time range for searches in the history
> > > according to discussion contents?
> >
> > Thanks for the report.  My first guess would be that the limitation to
> > this year would be because there are not messages from a year other than
> > this one?  I will collect the archives shortly from the previous mailing
> > list and put them on the website for historical purposes, but I don't know
> > if it's possible to propagate mailman archives to sympa.  Fortunately
> > there is lore which will hopefully soon be connected to the new list.
>
> The lore archiver should now properly process these messages:
> https://lore.kernel.org/cocci/alpine.DEB.2.22.394.2108251303550.10017@hadrien/T/
>
> This message is party a test to verify that it's working.

Thanks!!!

julia