* "bitbake -c fetch" and bluez4 warnings?
@ 2009-08-02 18:18 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2009-08-02 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

  probably simple answers to these questions, but ...

1) after setting up for angstrom for beagleboard, i wanted to
pre-fetch all necessary packages so i ran

  $ bitbake -c fetch base-image

didn't notice anything downloaded, but when i ran

  $ bitbake base-image

the build was interrupted several times by a package download.  isn't
"-c fetch" the command option to do pre-fetching of all necessary
packages?

2)

Parsing .bb files, please wait...NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support
bluez-libs because bluez-libs 3.x has been replaced by bluez4
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-libs because bluez-libs 3.x has
been replaced by bluez4
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-libs because bluez-libs 3.x has
been replaced by bluez4
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-utils because bluez-utils 3.x
has been replaced by bluez4
NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-utils because bluez-utils 3.x
has been replaced by bluez4
done.

  i'm not sure what i'm supposed to take away from the above.  i
*have* the bluez4 tarballs in my downloads directory.  is that just a
FYI warning?  a sign of a problem?  what?  it doesn't seem like i need
to do anything about it.  or do i?

  thanks.

rday

"Kernel Newbie Corner" column @ linux.com:          http://cli.gs/WG6WYX

* Re: "bitbake -c fetch" and bluez4 warnings?
@ 2009-08-02 18:43 ` Chris Larson
From: Chris Larson @ 2009-08-02 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

-c fetch does the fetch on the providers you request it be run on, and
only those.  base-image has no sources to fetch, so it does nothing.
If you want to fetch for not just what you're requesting, but its
dependencies as well, then you want to use -c fetchall.

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Robert P. J. Day<rpjday@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>  probably simple answers to these questions, but ...
>
> 1) after setting up for angstrom for beagleboard, i wanted to
> pre-fetch all necessary packages so i ran
>
>  $ bitbake -c fetch base-image
>
> didn't notice anything downloaded, but when i ran
>
>  $ bitbake base-image
>
> the build was interrupted several times by a package download.  isn't
> "-c fetch" the command option to do pre-fetching of all necessary
> packages?
>

> 2)
>
> Parsing .bb files, please wait...NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support
> bluez-libs because bluez-libs 3.x has been replaced by bluez4
> NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-libs because bluez-libs 3.x has
> been replaced by bluez4
> NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-libs because bluez-libs 3.x has
> been replaced by bluez4
> NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-utils because bluez-utils 3.x
> has been replaced by bluez4
> NOTE: Angstrom DOES NOT support bluez-utils because bluez-utils 3.x
> has been replaced by bluez4
> done.
>
>  i'm not sure what i'm supposed to take away from the above.  i
> *have* the bluez4 tarballs in my downloads directory.  is that just a
> FYI warning?  a sign of a problem?  what?  it doesn't seem like i need
> to do anything about it.  or do i?
>
>  thanks.
>
> rday

> Robert P. J. Day                               Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
>        Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry.
>
> Web page:                                          http://crashcourse.ca
> Twitter:                                       http://twitter.com/rpjday
> "Kernel Newbie Corner" column @ linux.com:          http://cli.gs/WG6WYX

Chris Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com
clarson at mvista dot com
Maintainer - Tslib
Software Engineer
MontaVista Software, Inc.

* Re: "bitbake -c fetch" and bluez4 warnings?
@ 2009-08-02 18:49   ` Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2009-08-02 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009, Chris Larson wrote:

> -c fetch does the fetch on the providers you request it be run on,
> and only those.  base-image has no sources to fetch, so it does
> nothing. If you want to fetch for not just what you're requesting,
> but its dependencies as well, then you want to use -c fetchall.

  ah, gotcha.  my fault for not reading carefully.