* [ANNOUNCE] 2.6.31-rc9-rt9.1
@ 2009-09-08  9:14 John Kacur
From: John Kacur @ 2009-09-08  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkml
  Cc: Thomas Gleixner, rt-users, Ingo Molnar, Steven Rostedt,
	Peter Zijlstra, Carsten Emde, Clark Williams, John Kacur,
	Frank Rowand, Robin Gareus, Gregory Haskins, Philippe Reynes,
	Fernando Lopez-Lezcano, Will Schmidt, Darren Hart, Jan Blunck,
	Jon Masters, Sven-Thorsten Dietrich, Mark Knecht

While Thomas Gleixner is on vacation, we decided to release another
incremental real-time kernel. This is for those of you who want to run
Linus' latest release, but still want the real-time patches.

So, this is simply a merge of 2.6.31-rc8-rt9 with 2.6.31-rc9.
In addition, we added the tracing / ring-buffer patches for the latency
tracer from Steven Rostedt, modified by Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
for real-time. In addition, Clark Williams added an extra commit to
clean-up some compile problems.

There were a few other patches that we could have added, but
since the purpose of this is just to keep the current -rt code running on
the latest release from Linus, we decided to play it conservatively -
we'll let Thomas do the heavy lifting we he comes back from vacation.

You can download it at the following locations:

Git location:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/clrkwllms/rt-linux.git
Git branch: linux-2.6.31-rc9-rt9.1

Or in patch form here:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/clrkwllms/rt-unofficial/patch-2.6.31-rc9-rt9.1.bz2

As usual, please report any problems to linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org and
you can cc linux-rt-users@vger.kernel.org too.

Enjoy!

John Kacur
Clark Williams

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-09-08  9:15 UTC | newest]