* should i submit detailed bugs for e2fsprogs and gnome-games?
@ 2009-12-17 16:39 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2009-12-17 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

  just trying a beagleboard-demo-image build on the dev branch, last
attempt still produced failed builds for:

  * e2fsprogs
  * gnome-games

i don't see that the latest pull would change any of that, but i'm
trying it anyway.  if those two packages still fail, should i supply
details?  (fully-updated fedora 12, as always).

  philip?  are you seeing the same things?  i'll verify that i haven't
done anything weird in my shell environment that might be causing
this.

rday

* Re: should i submit detailed bugs for e2fsprogs and gnome-games?
@ 2009-12-17 18:26 ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2009-12-17 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

>    just trying a beagleboard-demo-image build on the dev branch, last
> attempt still produced failed builds for:
>
>    * e2fsprogs
>    * gnome-games
>
> i don't see that the latest pull would change any of that, but i'm
> trying it anyway.  if those two packages still fail, should i supply
> details?  (fully-updated fedora 12, as always).
>
>    philip?  are you seeing the same things?  i'll verify that i haven't
> done anything weird in my shell environment that might be causing
> this.

I saw the gnome-games problem. Steve says he has a later version in his
repo, when he figure out some other things we hope that update solves
the problem.

Philip

@ 2009-12-17 19:02   ` Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2009-12-17 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Philip Balister wrote:

> I saw the gnome-games problem. Steve says he has a later version in
> his repo, when he figure out some other things we hope that update
> solves the problem.

  but the e2fsprogs build problem is all mine, is it?  *sigh*.  i'll
see what i can figure out.

@ 2009-12-19 12:37     ` Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2009-12-19 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Am Donnerstag, den 17.12.2009, 14:02 -0500 schrieb Robert P. J. Day:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Philip Balister wrote:
>
> > I saw the gnome-games problem. Steve says he has a later version in
> > his repo, when he figure out some other things we hope that update
> > solves the problem.
>
>   but the e2fsprogs build problem is all mine, is it?  *sigh*.  i'll
> see what i can figure out.

Sorry, bad news for you Robert. My `bitbake beagleboard-demo-image` was
successful with a030c6b8e12445a266a8673efe589375baf93ccc (with local
commit to build Abiword without plugins) on a Debian Sid/unstable
system.

Good luck with your search. Bests,

Paul

[-- Attachment #2: Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil --]

* Re: should i submit detailed bugs for e2fsprogs and gnome-games?
@ 2009-12-19 13:01       ` Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2009-12-19 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009, Paul Menzel wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, den 17.12.2009, 14:02 -0500 schrieb Robert P. J. Day:
> > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Philip Balister wrote:
> >
> > > I saw the gnome-games problem. Steve says he has a later version
> > > in his repo, when he figure out some other things we hope that
> > > update solves the problem.
> >
> >   but the e2fsprogs build problem is all mine, is it?  *sigh*.
> > i'll see what i can figure out.
>
> Sorry, bad news for you Robert. My `bitbake beagleboard-demo-image`
> was successful with a030c6b8e12445a266a8673efe589375baf93ccc (with
> local commit to build Abiword without plugins) on a Debian
> Sid/unstable system.

  that's ok, it's still useful to know that other distros have no
problem since it helps narrow down the search.  i started out with
three broken packages, the mesa package got fixed quickly, philip
suggests there's a known issue with gnome-games, so that just leaves
me with e2fsprogs and figuring out why it won't build specifically on
fedora 12.

  these things happen, but e2fsprogs is the real puzzler.  dang.

rday