* Boston Linux Power Management Mini-summit - August 9th, 2010
@ 2010-01-19  6:01 Len Brown
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Len Brown @ 2010-01-19  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

We will hold a Linux Power Management Mini-Summit in Boston
on Monday, August 9th, 2010 -- the day before sessions
at the Linux Foundation's "LinuxCon Boston 2010".

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/

This is an opportunity for members of the Linux Power Management
development community to meet face-to-face to discuss the future.

Suggestions for agenda topics should be sent to:
linux-pm@lists.linux-foundation.org

The final agenda will be formed by consensus of the attendees.

We try to cap attendance at about 20 to support a single
discussion, though depending on the room, we may be able to
accomodate additional attendees.

Requests to attend should be sent to: lenb@kernel.org
cc: linux-pm@lists.linux-foundation.org -- please summarize
what you'll bring to the meeting, and what you'd like to discuss.

Presentations are allowed to guide discussion, but not required.
There will be no recording or audio bridge, however written minutes will
be published as in previous years:

2009: http://lwn.net/Articles/345007/
2008: http://lwn.net/Articles/292447
2007: http://lwn.net/Articles/249019

If you have feedback on last year's meeting that
we can use to improve this year's, please let me know.

thanks,
Len Brown, Intel Open Source Technology Center

* Re: Boston Linux Power Management Mini-summit - August 9th, 2010
@ 2010-01-19 21:13 ` Rafael J. Wysocki
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Rafael J. Wysocki @ 2010-01-19 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Len Brown; +Cc: linux-acpi, pm list

On Tuesday 19 January 2010, Len Brown wrote:
> We will hold a Linux Power Management Mini-Summit in Boston
> on Monday, August 9th, 2010 -- the day before sessions
> at the Linux Foundation's "LinuxCon Boston 2010".
>
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/
>
> This is an opportunity for members of the Linux Power Management
> development community to meet face-to-face to discuss the future.
>
> Suggestions for agenda topics should be sent to:
> linux-pm@lists.linux-foundation.org

I'd like to discuss all PM-related things done since the last year's PM
mini-summit, like we did last year.  I think it was a good idea to do that.

Apart from this, I'd like to talk about run-time PM, in the PCI context.

Rafael

* Re: Boston Linux Power Management Mini-summit - August 9th, 2010
@ 2010-01-19 21:13 ` Rafael J. Wysocki
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Rafael J. Wysocki @ 2010-01-19 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Len Brown; +Cc: linux-acpi, pm list

@ 2010-03-23 19:05 ` Alan Stern
       [not found] ` <856af4c1001210904i43b65537k166e13a39e26e5eb@mail.gmail.com>
From: Alan Stern @ 2010-03-23 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010, Len Brown wrote:

> We will hold a Linux Power Management Mini-Summit in Boston
> on Monday, August 9th, 2010 -- the day before sessions
> at the Linux Foundation's "LinuxCon Boston 2010".
>
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/
>
> This is an opportunity for members of the Linux Power Management
> development community to meet face-to-face to discuss the future.
>
> Suggestions for agenda topics should be sent to:
> linux-pm@lists.linux-foundation.org
>
> The final agenda will be formed by consensus of the attendees.
>
> We try to cap attendance at about 20 to support a single
> discussion, though depending on the room, we may be able to
> accomodate additional attendees.
>
> Requests to attend should be sent to: lenb@kernel.org
> cc: linux-pm@lists.linux-foundation.org -- please summarize
> what you'll bring to the meeting, and what you'd like to discuss.

Len:

I just registered for LinuxCon, and I will attend the PM mini-summit.
My discussion topic will be "Runtime Power Management in the USB and
SCSI Subsystems".

Alan Stern

@ 2010-04-26 16:17   ` Srinivas Kalaga
From: Srinivas Kalaga @ 2010-04-26 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lenb; +Cc: linux-pm

Hi Len,
I have registered for the Linux Con and would like to attend the PM mini
summit.
My area of discussion would be ARM CPU power management and Linux power
management frameworks for ARM based platforms in general.

Best regards,

Srinivas Kalaga

[...]

                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
       [not found] ` <856af4c1001210904i43b65537k166e13a39e26e5eb@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-06-24 20:13 ` Len Brown
From: Len Brown @ 2010-06-24 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

The Linux Foundation is graciously providing facilities for our
2010 Linux Power Management Mini-Summit at LinuxCon Boston.

This is an opportunity for members of the Linux Power Management
development community to meet face-to-face to discuss the future.

We will meet on Monday, August 9th at LinuxCon Boston.
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/
I'd like to get started by 9am, if we can.

This forum is open to any registered attendee at LinuxCon.
However, we will be limited to about 20 or so seats.

I'd like to get an idea of how many people will attend,
as well as to get a list of topics on the table.
The attendees will form the final agenda at the start
of the session.

So please let me know if you'd like to attend,
and cc: linux-pm@lists.linux-foundation.org
with the  topics that you'd like to discuss
(or have somebody else discuss:-)

While this is a discussion-centered forum,
presentations are permitted to help guide discussion.

There will be no recording or audio bridge,
however written minutes will be published as in previous years:

2009: http://lwn.net/Articles/345007/
2008: http://lwn.net/Articles/292447
2007: http://lwn.net/Articles/249019

(If you have feedback on last year's meeting that
 we can use to improve this year's, please let me know.)

thanks,
Len Brown, Intel Open Source Technology Center

ps. A few have confirmed their attendance
and suggested agenda topics already:

Alan Stern
	Runtime Power Management in the USB and SCSI Subsystems

Rafael J. Wysocki
	Review what has transpired on linux-pm since last mini-summit
	PM_QOS
	wakeup events

Srinivas Kalaga:
	ARM CPU power management and Linux power
	management frameworks for ARM based platforms in general.

Len Brown
	cpuidle developments
	kernel-userspace PM interfaces, etg performance policy proposal

Matthew Garrett
	The new runtime PM framework

* Re: Boston Linux Power Management Mini-summit - August 9th, 2010
@ 2010-07-15 22:39   ` Paul Walmsley
From: Paul Walmsley @ 2010-07-15 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Len Brown; +Cc: Linux Power Management List

Hello Len,

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Len Brown wrote:

> The Linux Foundation is graciously providing facilities for our
> 2010 Linux Power Management Mini-Summit at LinuxCon Boston.
>
> This is an opportunity for members of the Linux Power Management
> development community to meet face-to-face to discuss the future.
>
> We will meet on Monday, August 9th at LinuxCon Boston.
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/
> I'd like to get started by 9am, if we can.
>
> This forum is open to any registered attendee at LinuxCon.
> However, we will be limited to about 20 or so seats.
>
> I'd like to get an idea of how many people will attend,
> as well as to get a list of topics on the table.
> The attendees will form the final agenda at the start
> of the session.
>
> So please let me know if you'd like to attend,
> and cc: linux-pm@lists.linux-foundation.org
> with the  topics that you'd like to discuss
> (or have somebody else discuss:-)

I plan to attend.  The discussion topics I'd be interested in are power
management vs. performance constraints, and also non-power-privileged
process pausing.

- Paul

* Re: Boston Linux Power Management Mini-summit - August 9th, 2010
@ 2010-07-16  3:32     ` Simon Horman
From: Simon Horman @ 2010-07-16  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Walmsley; +Cc: Linux Power Management List

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 04:39:36PM -0600, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> Hello Len,
>
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Len Brown wrote:
>
> > The Linux Foundation is graciously providing facilities for our
> > 2010 Linux Power Management Mini-Summit at LinuxCon Boston.
> >
> > This is an opportunity for members of the Linux Power Management
> > development community to meet face-to-face to discuss the future.
> >
> > We will meet on Monday, August 9th at LinuxCon Boston.
> > http://events.linuxfoundation.org/
> > I'd like to get started by 9am, if we can.
> >
> > This forum is open to any registered attendee at LinuxCon.
> > However, we will be limited to about 20 or so seats.
> >
> > I'd like to get an idea of how many people will attend,
> > as well as to get a list of topics on the table.
> > The attendees will form the final agenda at the start
> > of the session.
> >
> > So please let me know if you'd like to attend,
> > and cc: linux-pm@lists.linux-foundation.org
> > with the  topics that you'd like to discuss
> > (or have somebody else discuss:-)
>
> I plan to attend.  The discussion topics I'd be interested in are power
> management vs. performance constraints, and also non-power-privileged
> process pausing.

Hi,

I'm pretty new to PM and so far have just been lurking on the list.
But I would like to attend if possible.

* Re: Boston Linux Power Management Mini-summit - August 9th, 2010
@ 2010-07-29 13:57     ` Igor Stoppa
From: Igor Stoppa @ 2010-07-29 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Len Brown; +Cc: Tikkanen Tuukka (Nokia-D/Tampere), Linux Power Management List

Hi,
On 07/16/2010 01:39 AM, ext Paul Walmsley wrote:

> >  I plan to attend.  The discussion topics I'd be interested in are power
> >  management vs. performance constraints, and also non-power-privileged
> >  process pausing.

Tuukka Tikkanen (in CC) and I would like to participate as well.

Similar interests as those described by Paul, with highlight on typical
embedded scenarios:
* cost of non synchronized activity over radios
* wakeups due to rogue applications
* resources handling
* limited memory size and speed

Cheers, Igor Stoppa