* is there an updated/current version of tom zanussi's kernel lab?
@ 2020-03-26 21:47 rpjday
From: rpjday @ 2020-03-26 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

  for upcoming YP courses, i wanted either an updated version of tom
zanussi's and darren hart's YP hands-on kernel lab:

https://old.yoctoproject.org/sites/default/files/elc2013-kernel-lab.pdf

or a suitably recent version that i could update myself and contribute
back to the cause. anything?

  related questions coming shortly ...

rday

                         http://crashcourse.ca

* Re: [docs] is there an updated/current version of tom zanussi's kernel lab?
@ 2020-03-27 13:12 ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2020-03-27 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docs

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:47 PM rpjday@crashcourse.ca
<rpjday@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   for upcoming YP courses, i wanted either an updated version of tom
> zanussi's and darren hart's YP hands-on kernel lab:
>
> https://old.yoctoproject.org/sites/default/files/elc2013-kernel-lab.pdf
>
> or a suitably recent version that i could update myself and contribute
> back to the cause. anything?

There's nothing newer than the ones you found (as far as I can
recall), they were put on the shelf due to not enough cycles to keep
them updated.

It might be worth looking into what is done for the kernel during the
Yocto dev days (or similar events).

As for reviving the labs, I'm sure it is possible, but I'd first make
sure there weren't better options.

Bruce

>   related questions coming shortly ...
>
> rday

> Robert P. J. Day                                 Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
>                          http://crashcourse.ca

> LinkedIn:                               http://ca.linkedin.com/in/rpjday

- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II