* falconide not registering device nodes
@ 2017-09-03 10:38 John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz @ 2017-09-03 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux/m68k; +Cc: Debian m68k

Hi!

I'm currently polishing debian-installer on m68k [1]. For that, I'm
testing on various emulators like qemu-m68k and Aranym. Testing on the
latter revealed a problem with falconide, namely device nodes not
being created under /dev meaning the cdrom-detect module in debian-installer
won't be able to find the CD-ROM drive [2].

Can anyone give me a hint what might be missing here? Do we need to implement
modlias_show and _hotplug [3,4] for falconide [5] or are we missing something else?

If you want to test this yourself, please use the kernel and initrd from [6]
to boot debian-installer and you must "debian-installer/framebuffer=false"
pass on the kernel command line.

Adrian