* Alter TCP packet not work fine with netfilter hook
@ 2012-01-31  4:50 nt pm
From: nt pm @ 2012-01-31  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hi netfilter family,
I'm a newbie to netfilter.
I have just developt a crypto module using netfilter hook.
In this module :
SENDER : IP payload will be encrypted at POST ROUTING hook
RECEIVE : IP payload wil be decrypted at PRE ROUTING hook.

The module work fine with ICMP & UDP but it NOT work fine with TCP: 2
machine still receive packet at hook but application not communicate
together.

I don't know whether any mystery in netfilter or linux network kernel at here?

Thanks :)

* Re: Alter TCP packet not work fine with netfilter hook
@ 2012-01-31 15:37 ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2012-01-31 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nt pm; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On Tuesday 2012-01-31 05:50, nt pm wrote:

>Hi netfilter family,
>I'm a newbie to netfilter.
>I have just developt a crypto module using netfilter hook.
>In this module :
>SENDER : IP payload will be encrypted at POST ROUTING hook
>RECEIVE : IP payload wil be decrypted at PRE ROUTING hook.
>
>The module work fine with ICMP & UDP but it NOT work fine with TCP: 2
>machine still receive packet at hook but application not communicate
>together.
>
>I don't know whether any mystery in netfilter or linux network kernel at here?

And what makes you think we would know what happens in your hidden code?

* Re: Alter TCP packet not work fine with netfilter hook
@ 2012-01-31 16:03   ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2012-01-31 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cao Xuan Sang; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On Tuesday 2012-01-31 05:46, Cao Xuan Sang wrote:

>> Hi netfilter family,
>> I'm a newbie to netfilter.
>> I have just developt a crypto module using netfilter hook.
>> In this module :
>> SENDER : IP payload will be encrypted at POST ROUTING hook
>> RECEIVE : IP payload wil be decrypted at PRE ROUTING hook.
>>
>> The module work fine with ICMP & UDP but it NOT work fine with TCP: 2 machine still receive packet at hook but application not communicate together.
>>
>> I don't know whether any mystery in netfilter or linux network kernel at here?
>>
>> Thanks :)
>--

I just wonder what's up with people that hit reply and send without
writing anything (or even adding to cc).

* Re: Alter TCP packet not work fine with netfilter hook
       [not found] <CANopevWckbSuu2jys5BjCLLU6TF0FHZNgK8SgbY2PAEpRuxQmw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-01-31  4:46 ` Cao Xuan Sang
From: Cao Xuan Sang @ 2012-01-31  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel