* dm/crypt oops in 2.6.28.5 ... but nvidia users aren't supposed to report?
@ 2009-03-07  0:35 Melchior FRANZ
From: Melchior FRANZ @ 2009-03-07  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bugme-admin; +Cc: linux-crypto

Hi,

I was about to report an oops in the crypt module (NULL pointer
dereferencing), but when I was half-way through entering the bug
in bugzilla, I read that people with nvidia tainted kernels aren't
supposed to file bug reports.

So the bug is going to remain unfixed!? Sounds like a smart move ...

m.

* Re: dm/crypt oops in 2.6.28.5 ... but nvidia users aren't supposed to report?
@ 2009-03-09  9:13 ` Geert Uytterhoeven
From: Geert Uytterhoeven @ 2009-03-09  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Melchior FRANZ; +Cc: bugme-admin, linux-crypto

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> I was about to report an oops in the crypt module (NULL pointer
> dereferencing), but when I was half-way through entering the bug
> in bugzilla, I read that people with nvidia tainted kernels aren't
> supposed to file bug reports.
>
> So the bug is going to remain unfixed!? Sounds like a smart move ...

Can you reproduce the problem if the proprietary modules are not loaded?
If yes, you can file a bug report.

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Techsoft Centre Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

A division of Sony Europe (Belgium) N.V.
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis · BIC GEBABEBB · IBAN BE41293037680010

* Re: dm/crypt oops in 2.6.28.5 ... but nvidia users aren't supposed to report?
@ 2009-03-09 11:36 ` Milan Broz
From: Milan Broz @ 2009-03-09 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Melchior FRANZ; +Cc: linux-crypto

Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> I was about to report an oops in the crypt module (NULL pointer
> dereferencing), but when I was half-way through entering the bug
> in bugzilla, I read that people with nvidia tainted kernels aren't
> supposed to file bug reports.
>
> So the bug is going to remain unfixed!? Sounds like a smart move ...

If the bug is related to proprietary kernel module, we cannot
do anything.

Anyway, if you mean bug in dm-crypt (it is not clear from you mail)
please can you post the backtrace from this dm-crypt OOps?

Also try these patches first

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/agk/patches/2.6/editing/dm-crypt-fix-kcryptd_async_done-parameter.patch
http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/3/5/63

Milan