* [GIT PULL] SELinux updates for 3.12
@ 2013-10-17 13:15 Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2013-10-17 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Morris; +Cc: selinux, linux-security-module

Hi James,

Here are a collection of SELinux updates that should be included in 3.12.
This request contains mostly various cleanup patches with a few bugfixes and
performance improvements thrown in for good measure.  The bulk of these
patches were inherited from Eric's old tree, hence the merge/pull in the log.

Lastly, all of these patches have been in linux-next for some time now, and
they all pass the SELinux testsuite with flying colors.

Enjoy,
-Paul

---
The following changes since commit 6e4664525b1db28f8c4e1130957f70a94c19213e:

  Linux 3.11 (2013-09-02 13:46:10 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux

for you to fetch changes up to 42d64e1add3a1ce8a787116036163b8724362145:

  selinux: correct locking in selinux_netlbl_socket_connect)
           (2013-09-26 17:00:46 -0400)

Anand Avati (1):
      selinux: consider filesystem subtype in policies

Chris PeBenito (1):
      Add SELinux policy capability for always checking packet and peer
classes.

Duan Jiong (1):
      selinux: Use kmemdup instead of kmalloc + memcpy

Eric Paris (12):
      SELinux: fix selinuxfs policy file on big endian systems
      SELinux: remove crazy contortions around proc
      SELinux: make it harder to get the number of mnt opts wrong
      SELinux: use define for number of bits in the mnt flags mask
      SELinux: rename SE_SBLABELSUPP to SBLABEL_MNT
      SELinux: do all flags twiddling in one place
      SELinux: renumber the superblock options
      SELinux: change sbsec->behavior to short
      SELinux: do not handle seclabel as a special flag
      SELinux: pass a superblock to security_fs_use
      SELinux: use a helper function to determine seclabel
      Revert "SELinux: do not handle seclabel as a special flag"

Paul Moore (12):
      lsm: split the xfrm_state_alloc_security() hook implementation
      selinux: cleanup and consolidate the XFRM alloc/clone/delete/free code
      selinux: cleanup selinux_xfrm_policy_lookup() and
               selinux_xfrm_state_pol_flow_match()
      selinux: cleanup selinux_xfrm_sock_rcv_skb() and
               selinux_xfrm_postroute_last()
      selinux: cleanup some comment and whitespace issues in the XFRM code
      selinux: cleanup selinux_xfrm_decode_session()
      selinux: cleanup the XFRM header
      selinux: remove the BUG_ON() from selinux_skb_xfrm_sid()
      selinux: fix problems in netnode when BUG() is compiled out
      Merge git://git.infradead.org/users/eparis/selinux
      selinux: add Paul Moore as a SELinux maintainer
      selinux: correct locking in selinux_netlbl_socket_connect)

Stephen Smalley (1):
      SELinux: Enable setting security contexts on rootfs inodes.

Waiman Long (2):
      SELinux: Reduce overhead of mls_level_isvalid() function call
      SELinux: Increase ebitmap_node size for 64-bit configuration

 MAINTAINERS                         |   3 +-
 include/linux/security.h            |  26 ++-
 security/capability.c               |  15 +-
 security/security.c                 |  13 +-
 security/selinux/hooks.c            | 146 +++++++-----
 security/selinux/include/objsec.h   |   4 +-
 security/selinux/include/security.h |  13 +-
 security/selinux/include/xfrm.h     |  45 ++--
 security/selinux/netlabel.c         |   6 +-
 security/selinux/netnode.c          |   2 +
 security/selinux/selinuxfs.c        |   4 +-
 security/selinux/ss/ebitmap.c       |  20 +-
 security/selinux/ss/ebitmap.h       |  10 +-
 security/selinux/ss/mls.c           |  22 +-
 security/selinux/ss/mls_types.h     |   2 +-
 security/selinux/ss/policydb.c      |   3 +-
 security/selinux/ss/services.c      |  66 ++++--
 security/selinux/xfrm.c             | 453 +++++++++++++++-------------------

paul moore
security and virtualization @ redhat

* Re: [GIT PULL] SELinux updates for 3.12
@ 2013-10-20 22:49 ` James Morris
From: James Morris @ 2013-10-20 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Moore; +Cc: selinux, linux-security-module

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, Paul Moore wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Here are a collection of SELinux updates that should be included in 3.12.
> This request contains mostly various cleanup patches with a few bugfixes and
> performance improvements thrown in for good measure.  The bulk of these
> patches were inherited from Eric's old tree, hence the merge/pull in the log.
>
> Lastly, all of these patches have been in linux-next for some time now, and
> they all pass the SELinux testsuite with flying colors.
>
> Enjoy,
> -Paul
>
> ---
> The following changes since commit 6e4664525b1db28f8c4e1130957f70a94c19213e:
>
>   Linux 3.11 (2013-09-02 13:46:10 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux

Why is no branch specified?

git-pull fails in any case.

--
James Morris
<jmorris@namei.org>

* Re: [GIT PULL] SELinux updates for 3.12
@ 2013-10-21 13:39   ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2013-10-21 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Morris; +Cc: selinux, linux-security-module

On Monday, October 21, 2013 09:49:54 AM James Morris wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, Paul Moore wrote:
> > Hi James,
> >
> > Here are a collection of SELinux updates that should be included in 3.12.
> > This request contains mostly various cleanup patches with a few bugfixes
> > and performance improvements thrown in for good measure.  The bulk of
> > these patches were inherited from Eric's old tree, hence the merge/pull
> > in the log.
> >
> > Lastly, all of these patches have been in linux-next for some time now,
> > and
> > they all pass the SELinux testsuite with flying colors.
> >
> > Enjoy,
> > -Paul
> >
> > ---
> >
> > The following changes since commit 6e4664525b1db28f8c4e1130957f70....
> >   Linux 3.11 (2013-09-02 13:46:10 -0700)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >   git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux
>
> Why is no branch specified?

Why does a branch need to be specified?  The changes live in master and my
understanding was that if a branch was not explicitly listed then master
should be used.

> git-pull fails in any case.

Can you be more explicit?  It works for me ...

# git pull git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux
remote: Counting objects: 238, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (199/199), 31.38 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (169/169), completed with 38 local objects.
>From git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux
 * branch            HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD
Auto-merging security/selinux/include/xfrm.h
Auto-merging security/selinux/hooks.c
Auto-merging security/security.c
Auto-merging security/capability.c
Auto-merging include/linux/security.h
Auto-merging MAINTAINERS
Merge made by the 'recursive' strategy.

@ 2013-10-22 11:20     ` James Morris
From: James Morris @ 2013-10-22 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Moore; +Cc: selinux, linux-security-module

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013, Paul Moore wrote:

> Why does a branch need to be specified?  The changes live in master and my
> understanding was that if a branch was not explicitly listed then master
> should be used.

Ok, I'll do that.  I'm not going to assume it.

> > git-pull fails in any case.
>
> Can you be more explicit?  It works for me ...

$ git pull git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux
You asked to pull from the remote
'git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux', but did not specify
a branch. Because this is not the default configured remote
for your current branch, you must specify a branch on the command line.

--
James Morris
<jmorris@namei.org>

* Re: [GIT PULL] SELinux updates for 3.12
@ 2013-10-22 18:10       ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2013-10-22 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Morris; +Cc: selinux, linux-security-module

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:20:38 PM James Morris wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2013, Paul Moore wrote:
> > Why does a branch need to be specified?  The changes live in master and my
> > understanding was that if a branch was not explicitly listed then master
> > should be used.
>
> Ok, I'll do that.  I'm not going to assume it.
>
> > > git-pull fails in any case.
> >
> > Can you be more explicit?  It works for me ...
>
> $ git pull git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux
> You asked to pull from the remote
> 'git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux', but did not specify
> a branch. Because this is not the default configured remote
> for your current branch, you must specify a branch on the command line.

Looking at your next branch, it looks like you were able to pull successfully
from my master branch ... are you set for 3.12?

--

@ 2013-10-22 22:57         ` James Morris
From: James Morris @ 2013-10-22 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Moore; +Cc: selinux, linux-security-module

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013, Paul Moore wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:20:38 PM James Morris wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Oct 2013, Paul Moore wrote:
> > > Why does a branch need to be specified?  The changes live in master and my
> > > understanding was that if a branch was not explicitly listed then master
> > > should be used.
> >
> > Ok, I'll do that.  I'm not going to assume it.

> > > Can you be more explicit?  It works for me ...
> >
> > $ git pull git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux
> > You asked to pull from the remote
> > 'git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/selinux', but did not specify
> > a branch. Because this is not the default configured remote
> > for your current branch, you must specify a branch on the command line.
>
> Looking at your next branch, it looks like you were able to pull successfully
> from my master branch ... are you set for 3.12?

Yep, thanks.

--
James Morris
<jmorris@namei.org>