* Stacking patches for 5.3
@ 2019-05-24 19:26 Casey Schaufler
From: Casey Schaufler @ 2019-05-24 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Security Module list
  Cc: Kees Cook, James Morris, John Johansen, Paul Moore, casey

I have a set of 59 patches for the nest round of LSM stacking.
They are all really small. Kees has expressed a preference for
small patches. I think that the collapsed set of about 10 would
make more sense. Which would the community as a whole prefer?
The patches are not much different from what has been presented
already.

* Re: Stacking patches for 5.3
@ 2019-05-24 19:36 ` James Morris
From: James Morris @ 2019-05-24 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Casey Schaufler
  Cc: Linux Security Module list, Kees Cook, John Johansen, Paul Moore

On Fri, 24 May 2019, Casey Schaufler wrote:

> I have a set of 59 patches for the nest round of LSM stacking.
> They are all really small. Kees has expressed a preference for
> small patches. I think that the collapsed set of about 10 would
> make more sense. Which would the community as a whole prefer?
> The patches are not much different from what has been presented
> already.

I agree with Kees, smaller patches are easier to review.

--
James Morris
<jmorris@namei.org>

* Re: Stacking patches for 5.3
@ 2019-05-24 19:37 ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2019-05-24 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Casey Schaufler
  Cc: Linux Security Module list, Kees Cook, James Morris, John Johansen

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 3:26 PM Casey Schaufler <casey@schaufler-ca.com> wrote:

> I have a set of 59 patches for the nest round of LSM stacking.
> They are all really small. Kees has expressed a preference for
> small patches. I think that the collapsed set of about 10 would
> make more sense. Which would the community as a whole prefer?
> The patches are not much different from what has been presented
> already.

Is there an option for "not posted on the Friday before a holiday weekend"? ;)

I honestly don't care too much about patch size, regardless of how it
is packaged it's a lot of pretty critical stuff to review.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com

* Re: Stacking patches for 5.3
@ 2019-05-24 19:55   ` Casey Schaufler
From: Casey Schaufler @ 2019-05-24 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Moore
  Cc: Linux Security Module list, Kees Cook, James Morris, John Johansen

On 5/24/2019 12:37 PM, Paul Moore wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 3:26 PM Casey Schaufler <casey@schaufler-ca.com> wrote:
>> I have a set of 59 patches for the nest round of LSM stacking.
>> They are all really small. Kees has expressed a preference for
>> small patches. I think that the collapsed set of about 10 would
>> make more sense. Which would the community as a whole prefer?
>> The patches are not much different from what has been presented
>> already.
> Is there an option for "not posted on the Friday before a holiday weekend"? ;)

I'm waiting for James' next-general to base it on, so you needn't worry.

> I honestly don't care too much about patch size, regardless of how it
> is packaged it's a lot of pretty critical stuff to review.

Consensus looks like small patches are the way to go. So be it.

* Re: Stacking patches for 5.3
@ 2019-05-25  3:55     ` James Morris
From: James Morris @ 2019-05-25  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Casey Schaufler
  Cc: Paul Moore, Linux Security Module list, Kees Cook, John Johansen

On Fri, 24 May 2019, Casey Schaufler wrote:

> On 5/24/2019 12:37 PM, Paul Moore wrote:
> > On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 3:26 PM Casey Schaufler <casey@schaufler-ca.com> wrote:
> >> I have a set of 59 patches for the nest round of LSM stacking.
> >> They are all really small. Kees has expressed a preference for
> >> small patches. I think that the collapsed set of about 10 would
> >> make more sense. Which would the community as a whole prefer?
> >> The patches are not much different from what has been presented
> >> already.
> > Is there an option for "not posted on the Friday before a holiday weekend"? ;)
>
> I'm waiting for James' next-general to base it on, so you needn't worry.

I won't be merging with Linus' tree unless there's a specific reason to,
so go ahead with the current branch.

--
James Morris
<jmorris@namei.org>