* downloaddos script
@ 2021-04-09 15:01 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2021-04-09 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

the script which is part of install-freedos-master package may have worked
but in order to do that, it would have needed at least one alternate
download site from which to retrieve its files.  Does any such site exist
in better shape than the ibiblio site?  I haven't got familiar with the
code in the script yet and could do a couple things to fix this.  One
would be to replace the ibiblio site with another and the other
possibility would be to have an alternate site downloaded from when the
ibiblio site didn't have a file and in that way get as much stuff from
each site through the download process.

* Re: downloaddos script
@ 2021-04-09 15:36 ` Tomas By
From: Tomas By @ 2021-04-09 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jude DaShiell; +Cc: linux-msdos

On Fri, 09 Apr 2021 17:01:26 +0200, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> the script which is part of install-freedos-master package may have
> worked but in order to do that, it would have needed at least one
> alternate download site from which to retrieve its files.  Does any
> such site exist in better shape than the ibiblio site?

freedos.org ?

/Tomas

* Re: downloaddos script
@ 2021-04-09 16:32   ` Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2021-04-09 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomas By; +Cc: linux-msdos

Thanks, I'll check that out and see what it has.  After that, I'm going
into the code of the script and see what I can do.  Python isn't one of my
main languages but I can handle bash scripts.

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021, Tomas By wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Apr 2021 17:01:26 +0200, Jude DaShiell wrote:
>> the script which is part of install-freedos-master package may have
>> worked but in order to do that, it would have needed at least one
>> alternate download site from which to retrieve its files.  Does any
>> such site exist in better shape than the ibiblio site?
>

> freedos.org ?
>
> /Tomas

* Re: downloaddos script
@ 2021-04-10 19:46 ` Julius Schwartzenberg
From: Julius Schwartzenberg @ 2021-04-10 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jude DaShiell, linux-msdos

Hi Jude,

Thanks a lot for reporting the issues with the script. I checked with
the FreeDOS project what had happened and that package had been renamed.

If you update to the latest version of the script, everything will work
correctly. Missing files are simply skipped from now on and the renamed
package has been incorporated too.

Be sure to let it know if you run into more issues!

Best regards,
Julius