* Re: [MPTCP] [Weekly meetings] MoM - 26th of July 2018
@ 2018-07-28  0:15 Mat Martineau
From: Mat Martineau @ 2018-07-28  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018, Matthieu Baerts wrote:

> Netdev's debriefing:
>    - we got good feedbacks:
>        - people want to have MPTCP upstream and are supportive (Tom
> Herbert and Eric Dumazet)
>        - some concerns about not modifying binaries and still use MPTCP
> (without LD_PRELOAD), something possible with mptcp_trunk.
>        - there were some discussions/reminders about using per cgroups
> ebpf hooks (e.g. for API extension):
>            - BPF/netdev background:
> http://vger.kernel.org/netconf2018_files/AlexeiStarovoitov_netconf2018.pdf

Regarding this BPF / cgroup idea (thank you, David Ahern), here's a link
to similar functionality implemented for the connect() call:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=d74bad4e74ee373787a9ae24197c17b7cdc428d5

The equivalent would be something that could run early to override the
proto value (or any other parameters) for any socket() call in a
particular cgroup.

BPF_CGROUP_INET_SOCK_CREATE exists, but it runs at the end of
inet_create() (too late to override the protocol).

--
Mat Martineau
Intel OTC

* [MPTCP] [Weekly meetings] MoM - 26th of July 2018
@ 2018-07-26 17:04 Matthieu Baerts
From: Matthieu Baerts @ 2018-07-26 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp