* how to specify a port number for rpc.statd ?
       [not found] <S1756522Ab2DLFb0/20120412053126Z+1423@vger.kernel.org>
@ 2012-04-12  6:04 ` anctop
From: anctop @ 2012-04-12  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nfs

My system has been running nfs-utils-1.2.0 for a few years.
Recently I proceed to upgrade to the latest nfs-utils-1.2.5.
There is no problem in building it, but rpc.statd refuses to start.
The (server) startup steps are :

1. mount -t nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd
2. exportfs -av
3. rpc.mountd -p 1011
4. rpc.statd -o 1013 -p 1014 --no-notify

At this point, rpc.statd fails. The syslog says

> rpc.statd[875]: Version 1.2.5 starting
> rpc.statd[875]: Flags:
> rpc.statd[875]: Could not bind name to socket: Permission denied

The same steps work well for the old version, and I'm sure that all the ports
(tcp & udp) 1011, 1013 & 1014 are available on my system.

Then I've tried different combinations of values for -o and -p, found that
the port number for -p must be at least 1024.

Since the daemons will run with a firewall, is there any way to make
rpc.statd listening on the specified ports ?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-04-12  6:04 UTC | newest]