* [Xenomai-help] Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled
@ 2007-02-12 16:11 vikesh rambaran
From: vikesh rambaran @ 2007-02-12 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi there

I'm using ubuntu 6.06 LTS.
I patched a 2.6.19.1 vanilla kernel with xenomai 2.3.0 adeos
(Processor type is Pentuim III)
The realtime section has been left at the default settings.

The kernel compiles and boots ok.

Userspace Xenomai has been compiled with the --disable-x86-tsc option

When i try to run the latency test, i get the following error

Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled
(modprobe xeno_native?)

The kernel .config file shows that the native skin is supposed to be
compiled
into the kernel and CONFIG_SENO_OPT_PERVASIVE=y

Any help to solve this problem would be appreciated

Thanx
Vicki

* Re: [Xenomai-help] Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled
@ 2007-02-12 16:20 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2007-02-12 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vikesh rambaran; +Cc: xenomai

vikesh rambaran wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm using ubuntu 6.06 LTS.
> I patched a 2.6.19.1 vanilla kernel with xenomai 2.3.0 adeos
> (Processor type is Pentuim III)
> The realtime section has been left at the default settings.
>
> The kernel compiles and boots ok.
>
> Userspace Xenomai has been compiled with the --disable-x86-tsc option
>
> When i try to run the latency test, i get the following error
>
> Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled
> (modprobe xeno_native?)
>
> The kernel .config file shows that the native skin is supposed to be
> compiled
> into the kernel and CONFIG_SENO_OPT_PERVASIVE=y
>
> Any help to solve this problem would be appreciated

I bet you are still running your old kernel...

Anyway, check the boot messages and the content of /proc/xenomai,
specifically .../interfaces.

Jan

* Re: [Xenomai-help] Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled
@ 2007-02-12 16:43   ` vikesh rambaran
From: vikesh rambaran @ 2007-02-12 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka; +Cc: xenomai

On 2/12/07, Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@domain.hid> wrote:

> vikesh rambaran wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > I'm using ubuntu 6.06 LTS.
> > I patched a 2.6.19.1 vanilla kernel with xenomai 2.3.0 adeos
> > (Processor type is Pentuim III)
> > The realtime section has been left at the default settings.
> >
> > The kernel compiles and boots ok.
> >
> > Userspace Xenomai has been compiled with the --disable-x86-tsc option
> >
> > When i try to run the latency test, i get the following error
> >
> > Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled
> > (modprobe xeno_native?)
> >
> > The kernel .config file shows that the native skin is supposed to be
> > compiled
> > into the kernel and CONFIG_SENO_OPT_PERVASIVE=y
> >
> > Any help to solve this problem would be appreciated
>
> I bet you are still running your old kernel...
>
> Anyway, check the boot messages and the content of /proc/xenomai,
> specifically .../interfaces.
>
> Jan

Hi
Thanx for the reply

uname -al shows that the kernel is the patched kernel (2.6.19.1). Ubuntu's
kernel is 2.6.15
Xenomai is failing to load because of the APIC

Passing lapic=1 as a boot parameter causes a kernel panic

Going to try recompiling with APIC disabled (if it is)

Keep well

@ 2008-07-29 12:24       ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2008-07-29 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Smolorz; +Cc: xenomai-help

Sebastian Smolorz wrote:
> Dehann Fourie wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if you mean excluded in the kernel
>> configuration?
>> I did add these options in the kernel, however I suspect that the machine
>> I'm using
>> does not have APIC support...
>>
>> dmesg | grep apic - returns APIC disabled or absent.
>
> Please send us your kernel config. Which architecture and CPU do you have?

The APIC situation is explained in the TROUBLESHOOTING file. So, please,
read this file.

--
                                                 Gilles.

* Re: [Xenomai-help] Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled.
       [not found]   ` <2b490f270807290207i567e1037r4623e89f2d6a1d4e@domain.hid>
@ 2008-07-29 10:46     ` Sebastian Smolorz
From: Sebastian Smolorz @ 2008-07-29 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dehann Fourie; +Cc: xenomai-help

Dehann Fourie wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if you mean excluded in the kernel
> configuration?
> I did add these options in the kernel, however I suspect that the machine
> I'm using
> does not have APIC support...
>
> dmesg | grep apic - returns APIC disabled or absent.

Please send us your kernel config. Which architecture and CPU do you have?

> I know there is a way to emulate the APIC timer events? Can anyone help me
> pls?

If you want anyone other than me to answer then don't drop the mailing
list from CC in the future ...

--
Sebastian

* Re: [Xenomai-help] Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled.
@ 2008-07-24 14:41 ` Sebastian Smolorz
       [not found]   ` <2b490f270807290207i567e1037r4623e89f2d6a1d4e@domain.hid>
From: Sebastian Smolorz @ 2008-07-24 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dehann Fourie; +Cc: xenomai

Dehann Fourie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have compiled and installed Xenomai and am able to boot from the Xenomai
> kernel. when running the latency test I get:
> Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled.
> (modprobe xeno_native?)

Did you exclude those reasons mentioned above?

--
Sebastian

* [Xenomai-help] Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled.
@ 2008-07-24 14:31 Dehann Fourie
From: Dehann Fourie @ 2008-07-24 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai