* where is existing OpenPOWER checkstop handling support?
@ 2019-03-01 15:20 zshelle
From: zshelle @ 2019-03-01 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

I know for OpenPOWER systems, there is some support to detect a system
checkstop, wait some defined amount of time, then reset the machine.
Could anyone point me to this code?

* Re: where is existing OpenPOWER checkstop handling support?
@ 2019-03-01 17:51 ` Artem Senichev
From: Artem Senichev @ 2019-03-01 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zshelle; +Cc: openbmc

For OpenPOWER, the checkstop signal comes through GPIO.

GPIO monitor: https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-gpio-monitor
Recipe:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-openpower/recipes-phosphor/host/checkstop-monitor.bb

--
Best regards,
Artem Senichev

@ 2019-03-01 18:34   ` zshelle
From: zshelle @ 2019-03-01 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Artem Senichev; +Cc: openbmc

On 2019-03-01 11:51, Artem Senichev wrote:
> For OpenPOWER, the checkstop signal comes through GPIO.
>
> GPIO monitor: https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-gpio-monitor [1]
>
> Recipe:
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-openpower/recipes-phosphor/host/checkstop-monitor.bb
> [2]
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Artem Senichev
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 6:13 PM zshelle <zshelle@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I know for OpenPOWER systems, there is some support to detect a
>> system
>> checkstop, wait some defined amount of time, then reset the
>> machine.
>> Could anyone point me to this code?
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-gpio-monitor
> [2]
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-openpower/recipes-phosphor/host/checkstop-monitor.bb

Thank you. Now I just need to figure out how that works.