* performance recommendations
@ 2021-02-15 14:53 Pal, Laszlo
From: Pal, Laszlo @ 2021-02-15 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but let me try :) I have
a server where I mainly using btrfs because of the builtin compress
feature. This is a central log server, storing logs from tens of
thousands devices, using a text files in thousands of directories in
millions of files.

I've started to think it was not the best idea to choose btrfs for this :)

The performance of this server was always worst than others where I
don't use btrfs, but I thought this is just because the i/o overhead
of compression and the not-so-good esx host providing the disk to this
machine. But now, even rm a single file takes ages, so there is
something definitely wrong. So, I'm looking for some recommendations
for such an environment where the data-security functions of btrfs is
not as important than the performance.

I was searching the net for some comprehensive performance documents
for months, but I cannot find it so far.

Thank you in advance
Laszlo