* sequencer status
@ 2017-08-23  8:10 Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin
From: Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin @ 2017-08-23  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've created a small tool to display the current sequencer status.
It mimics what Magit does to display what was done and what is left to do.

As someone who often rebase large series of patches (also works with am, revert, cherry-pick), I really needed the feature and use this daily.

It's available here:
https://github.com/nmorey/git-sequencer-status
SUSE and Fedora packages are available here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:NMoreyChaisemartin:git-tools/git-sequencer-status

It's not necessary very robust yet. Most of the time I use simple rebase so there are a lot of untested corner cases.

Here is an example output:
$ sequencer-status
# Interactive rebase: master onto rebase_conflict
exec    true
pick    e54d993 Fourth commit
exec    true
*pick   b064629 Third commit
exec    true
pick    174c933 Second commit
onto    773cb23 Alternate second

Two questions:
- Could this be a candidate for contrib/ ?
- Would it be interesting to add the relevant code to sequencer.c so that all sequencer based commands could have a --status option ?

Nicolas