* [PULL REQUEST] Please pull rdma.git (tag for-linus)
@ 2016-10-14 20:37 Doug Ledford
       [not found] ` <7c0a013c-6b5a-4031-9fd7-b511b1799528-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Doug Ledford @ 2016-10-14 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Torvalds, Linus, linux-rdma

Hi Linus,

Early on in the merge window I mentioned I had a backlog of new drivers
waiting to be reviewed and that, in addition to the hns-roce driver, I
wanted to get possible a couple more reviewed.  I ended up only having
the time to complete one of the additional drivers.  During Dave
Miller's pull request this go around, there were a series of 9 patches
to the QLogic qed net driver that add basic support for a paired RoCE
driver.  That support is currently not functional because it is missing
the matching RoCE driver in the RDMA subsystem.  I managed to finish
that review.  However, because it goes against part of Dave's net pull,
and a part that was accepted a day or two after the merge window opened,
to apply cleanly it has to be applied to either the tip of Dave's net
branch, or as I did in this case, I just applied it to your master after
you had taken Dave's pull request.  I know this is large for the end of
the merge window, my apologies for that.  I have a considerable backlog
of new drivers awaiting review and final approval (still three more even
after the hns-roce and qedr), so I would appreciate it if we could take
this so I can check it off of my list.

Here's the boilerplate:

The following changes since commit e9f8f48bcac6f6dd37ad89ad63d1d1a497332313:

  Merge tag 'metag-for-v4.9-rc1' of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jhogan/metag (2016-10-14
11:11:39 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dledford/rdma.git
tags/for-linus

for you to fetch changes up to 993d1b52615e1a549e55875c3b74308391672d9f:

  qedr: Add events support and register IB device (2016-10-14 15:00:10
-0400)

Merge of the qedr RoCE driver

Ram Amrani (10):
      qedr: Add RoCE driver framework
      qedr: Add support for RoCE HW init
      qedr: Add support for user context verbs
      qedr: Add support for PD,PKEY and CQ verbs
      qedr: Add support for QP verbs
      qedr: Add support for memory registeration verbs
      qedr: Add support for data path
      qedr: Add LL2 RoCE interface
      qedr: Add GSI support
      qedr: Add events support and register IB device

 drivers/infiniband/Kconfig                 |    2 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/Makefile             |    1 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/Kconfig         |    7 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/Makefile        |    3 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/main.c          |  914 +++++++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/qedr.h          |  495 ++++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/qedr_cm.c       |  622 +++++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/qedr_cm.h       |   61 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/qedr_hsi.h      |   56 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/qedr_hsi_rdma.h |  748 ++++++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/verbs.c         | 3547
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/verbs.h         |  101 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/Kconfig        |   11 -
 include/uapi/linux/pci_regs.h              |    3 +
 include/uapi/rdma/qedr-abi.h               |  106 +
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/main.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/qedr.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/qedr_cm.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/qedr_cm.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/qedr_hsi.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/qedr_hsi_rdma.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/verbs.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/infiniband/hw/qedr/verbs.h
 create mode 100644 include/uapi/rdma/qedr-abi.h

--
Doug Ledford <dledford-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
    GPG Key ID: 0E572FDD

* Re: [PULL REQUEST] Please pull rdma.git (tag for-linus)
       [not found] ` <7c0a013c-6b5a-4031-9fd7-b511b1799528-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-10-14 20:45   ` Linus Torvalds
       [not found]     ` <CA+55aFw39f5Mu38e6vrot=no8zT8Jaqq86iBJrRyX55UCq=VMg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2016-10-14 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford; +Cc: linux-rdma

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Doug Ledford <dledford-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Early on in the merge window I mentioned I had a backlog of new drivers
> waiting to be reviewed and that, in addition to the hns-roce driver, I
> wanted to get possible a couple more reviewed.  I ended up only having
> the time to complete one of the additional drivers.

This had better be the last of it, because if it's not, I'm not taking any more.

Getting these kinds of updates on Friday afternoon just before the
weekedn that the merge window is closing is very annoying.

                    Linus

@ 2016-10-14 21:01       ` Doug Ledford
From: Doug Ledford @ 2016-10-14 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-rdma

On 10/14/2016 4:45 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Doug Ledford <dledford-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>> Early on in the merge window I mentioned I had a backlog of new drivers
>> waiting to be reviewed and that, in addition to the hns-roce driver, I
>> wanted to get possible a couple more reviewed.  I ended up only having
>> the time to complete one of the additional drivers.
>
> This had better be the last of it, because if it's not, I'm not taking any more.
>
> Getting these kinds of updates on Friday afternoon just before the
> weekedn that the merge window is closing is very annoying.
>
>                     Linus

Yes, this is it.

--

       [not found]     ` <00f101d22304$4d874e00$e895ea00$@opengridcomputing.com>
@ 2016-10-10 19:23       ` Steve Wise
From: Steve Wise @ 2016-10-10 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Linus Torvalds', 'Doug Ledford'; +Cc: 'linux-rdma'

> > > 1) cxgb4 - keep the head version in your tree, my tree and the common
> > > ancestor were prior to a refactoring in your tree that moved uld_attach
> > > from cxgb4_main.c to cxgb4_uld.c
> >
> > Hmm. As far as I can tell, a proper merge also involves adding the line
> >
> >         lld->fr_nsmr_tpte_wr_support =
> > adap->params.fr_nsmr_tpte_wr_support;
> >
> > to uld_init() in cxgb4_uld.c.
> >
> > I did so, and it all seems to build find for me, but I obviously
> > cannot do any testing. Somebody with the proper cxgb4 hardware should
> > verify.
> >
> > Of course, it only affects the very special IB_WR_REG_MR fastpath
> > case, so maybe nobody much cares. Adding Steve Wise to the cc, to make
> > sure somebody actually tests this.
> >

> I will test/verify this today.

Hey Linus,

The commits in your master branch check out ok.

Thanks!

Steve.

* RE: [PULL REQUEST] Please pull rdma.git (tag for-linus)
       [not found]     ` <CA+55aFw5tftp1Da5Hs8ks+=hiodZ_NTCH3Z9efPxDVo7h75RAw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-10-10 14:40       ` Steve Wise
From: Steve Wise @ 2016-10-10 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Linus Torvalds', 'Doug Ledford'; +Cc: 'linux-rdma'

> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Doug Ledford <dledford-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >
> > 1) cxgb4 - keep the head version in your tree, my tree and the common
> > ancestor were prior to a refactoring in your tree that moved uld_attach
> > from cxgb4_main.c to cxgb4_uld.c
>
> Hmm. As far as I can tell, a proper merge also involves adding the line
>
>         lld->fr_nsmr_tpte_wr_support = adap->params.fr_nsmr_tpte_wr_support;
>
> to uld_init() in cxgb4_uld.c.
>
> I did so, and it all seems to build find for me, but I obviously
> cannot do any testing. Somebody with the proper cxgb4 hardware should
> verify.
>
> Of course, it only affects the very special IB_WR_REG_MR fastpath
> case, so maybe nobody much cares. Adding Steve Wise to the cc, to make
> sure somebody actually tests this.

I will test/verify this today.

Steve

@ 2016-10-10  3:07       ` Doug Ledford
From: Doug Ledford @ 2016-10-10  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds, Steve Wise; +Cc: linux-rdma

On 10/9/2016 8:14 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Doug Ledford <dledford-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>> 1) cxgb4 - keep the head version in your tree, my tree and the common
>> ancestor were prior to a refactoring in your tree that moved uld_attach
>> from cxgb4_main.c to cxgb4_uld.c
>
> Hmm. As far as I can tell, a proper merge also involves adding the line
>
>         lld->fr_nsmr_tpte_wr_support = adap->params.fr_nsmr_tpte_wr_support;
>
> to uld_init() in cxgb4_uld.c.
>
> I did so, and it all seems to build find for me, but I obviously
> cannot do any testing. Somebody with the proper cxgb4 hardware should
> verify.

Thanks for that catch, we'll get it tested.

--

       [not found] ` <00af6acf-ec90-ea0e-68d6-f9e962c89bd3-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-10-10  0:14   ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2016-10-10  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford, Steve Wise; +Cc: linux-rdma

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Doug Ledford <dledford-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> 1) cxgb4 - keep the head version in your tree, my tree and the common
> ancestor were prior to a refactoring in your tree that moved uld_attach
> from cxgb4_main.c to cxgb4_uld.c

Hmm. As far as I can tell, a proper merge also involves adding the line

        lld->fr_nsmr_tpte_wr_support = adap->params.fr_nsmr_tpte_wr_support;

to uld_init() in cxgb4_uld.c.

I did so, and it all seems to build find for me, but I obviously
cannot do any testing. Somebody with the proper cxgb4 hardware should
verify.

Of course, it only affects the very special IB_WR_REG_MR fastpath
case, so maybe nobody much cares. Adding Steve Wise to the cc, to make
sure somebody actually tests this.

(Side note: current git has what appears to be a use-after-free
netfilter buglet, but it shouldn't trigger problems often enough to
keep people from testing. It kept me from doing my merge window pulls
while I investigated, though).

                     Linus

* [PULL REQUEST] Please pull rdma.git (tag for-linus)
@ 2016-10-07 22:24 Doug Ledford
       [not found] ` <00af6acf-ec90-ea0e-68d6-f9e962c89bd3-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Doug Ledford @ 2016-10-07 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Torvalds, Linus, linux-rdma