* [Xenomai-help] C-API to access task runtime statistic?
@ 2007-02-05 15:34 M. Koehrer
From: M. Koehrer @ 2007-02-05 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,

is there a C-API in Xenomai that allows to retrieve the runtime statistic from user space?
My realtime application has a background task that has to provide such information
to the user.
Of course I can get the information by parsing the /proc/xenomai/stat file.
However, as my application is written in C, a direct access of the runtime information
is actually more straightforward...

Thanks for all hints on that.

Regards

Mathias

--
Mathias Koehrer
mathias_koehrer@domain.hid

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  44,85 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2

* Re: [Xenomai-help] C-API to access task runtime statistic?
@ 2007-02-05 16:01 ` Dmitry Adamushko
From: Dmitry Adamushko @ 2007-02-05 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M. Koehrer; +Cc: Xenomai help

> is there a C-API in Xenomai that allows to retrieve the runtime statistic from user space?
> My realtime application has a background task that has to provide such information
> to the user.
> Of course I can get the information by parsing the /proc/xenomai/stat file.
> However, as my application is written in C, a direct access of the runtime information
> is actually more straightforward...

/proc/.. is already a generic interface to the user space. I don't see
how 2  interfaces could be more straightforward.

The only justification - I'd think of at the moment - would be a
requirement to have an interface from the real-time domain.

At least for the "native" skin, there are functions like
rt_object_inquire() to provide some info about a given object. Indeed,
rt_task_inquire() could be easily extended to return related
statistics counters as an additional bonus (although, one should have
an object's descriptor).

Otherwise, linux standard utilities like ps, top, ... retireve
information from /proc as well.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Adamushko