* [RESEND] Looking for a hack to remove auto-selected items from .config output
       [not found] <CAK18DXagdLgwFG-ed97vVzMXC1BTCVbQrNQKXPwyH9HYy4TeJw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2023-07-12 13:58 ` Donald Zickus
From: Donald Zickus @ 2023-07-12 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: masahiroy; +Cc: linux-kbuild

Resending without the html cruft to pass through the linux-kbuild mail daemon

From: Alexander Lobakin @ 2023-07-12 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Donald Zickus; +Cc: masahiroy, linux-kbuild

From: Donald Zickus <dzickus@redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 09:58:35 -0400

> Resending without the html cruft to pass through the linux-kbuild mail daemon

`make savedefconfig`? It saves a very minimal config with only manually
selectable entries, which differ from the default config. IOW, if you
take the default config and then change only CONFIG_FOO, your config
saved via this command will contain 1 entry, even if _FOO also
automatically selects _BAR.

> options.  Basically reversing the normal config generating process, I
> think.
>
> Not looking for anything complicated, just something simple I can quickly apply.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Cheers,
> Don

Thanks,
Olek

* Re: [RESEND] Looking for a hack to remove auto-selected items from .config output
@ 2023-07-12 17:31     ` Donald Zickus
From: Donald Zickus @ 2023-07-12 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Lobakin; +Cc: masahiroy, linux-kbuild

Hi Alexander,

On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 10:17 AM Alexander Lobakin
<aleksander.lobakin@intel.com> wrote:

> From: Donald Zickus <dzickus@redhat.com>
> Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 09:58:35 -0400
>
> > Resending without the html cruft to pass through the linux-kbuild mail daemon

Oh neat!  Yes, when I combine the output of savedefconfig with the
output of listnewconfig, it appears I am able to create the minimal
config layout which exposes all the unnecessary cruft.

Thank you!!

Cheers,
Don

@ 2023-07-12 17:32       ` Donald Zickus
From: Donald Zickus @ 2023-07-12 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Lobakin; +Cc: masahiroy, linux-kbuild

On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 1:31 PM Donald Zickus <dzickus@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Alexander,

Oops.  Hi Olek,

(sorry about that!)

@ 2023-07-14 15:46         ` Alexander Lobakin
From: Alexander Lobakin @ 2023-07-14 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Donald Zickus; +Cc: masahiroy, linux-kbuild

From: Donald Zickus <dzickus@redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 13:32:43 -0400

> On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 1:31 PM Donald Zickus <dzickus@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Alexander,
>
> Oops.  Hi Olek,
>
> (sorry about that!)

No problem, both of them work just fine :D

>> On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 10:17 AM Alexander Lobakin
>> <aleksander.lobakin@intel.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> From: Donald Zickus <dzickus@redhat.com>
>>> Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 09:58:35 -0400

Nice!