* New Ceph community manager: Mike Perez
@ 2018-08-29  1:13 Sage Weil
       [not found] ` <alpine.DEB.2.11.1808282228440.8749-qHenpvqtifaMSRpgCs4c+g@public.gmane.org>
From: Sage Weil @ 2018-08-29  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	ceph-community-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw

Hi everyone,

Please help me welcome Mike Perez, the new Ceph community manager!

Mike has a long history with Ceph: he started at DreamHost working on
OpenStack and Ceph back in the early days, including work on the original
RBD integration.  He went on to work in several roles in the OpenStack
project, doing a mix of infrastructure, cross-project and community
related initiatives, including serving as the Project Technical Lead for
Cinder.

Mike lives in Pasadena, CA, and can be reached at mperez-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org, on
IRC as thingee, or twitter as @thingee.

I am very excited to welcome Mike back to Ceph, and look forward to
working together on building the Ceph developer and user communities!

sage

* Re: New Ceph community manager: Mike Perez
       [not found] ` <alpine.DEB.2.11.1808282228440.8749-qHenpvqtifaMSRpgCs4c+g@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-08-29  3:19   ` linghucongsong
       [not found]     ` <2a38c368.861e.16583b1c0d3.Coremail.linghucongsong-9Onoh4P/yGk@public.gmane.org>
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: linghucongsong @ 2018-08-29  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil
  Cc: ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	ceph-community-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw

Welcome!

@ 2018-08-29  3:36       ` Alvaro Soto
From: Alvaro Soto @ 2018-08-29  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linghucongsong
  Cc: Sage Weil, ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, Users, Ceph,
	ceph-community-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw

Welcome Mike!

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 10:19 PM, linghucongsong <linghucongsong-9Onoh4P/yGk@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> Welcome!
>

> At 2018-08-29 09:13:24, "Sage Weil" <sweil-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >Please help me welcome Mike Perez, the new Ceph community manager!
> >
> >Mike has a long history with Ceph: he started at DreamHost working on
> >OpenStack and Ceph back in the early days, including work on the original
> >RBD integration.  He went on to work in several roles in the OpenStack
> >project, doing a mix of infrastructure, cross-project and community
> >related initiatives, including serving as the Project Technical Lead for
> >Cinder.
> >
> >Mike lives in Pasadena, CA, and can be reached at mperez-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org, on
> >IRC as thingee, or twitter as @thingee.
> >
> >I am very excited to welcome Mike back to Ceph, and look forward to
> >working together on building the Ceph developer and user communities!
> >
> >sage

ATTE. Alvaro Soto Escobar

Great people talk about ideas,
average people talk about things,
small people talk ... about other people.

@ 2018-08-29  9:14   ` Lenz Grimmer
From: Lenz Grimmer @ 2018-08-29  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil, ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	ceph-community-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	mperez-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1082 bytes --]

Great news. Welcome Mike! I look forward to working with you, let me
know if there is anything I can help you with.

Lenz

--
SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

@ 2018-08-29 12:26   ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2018-08-29 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	ceph-community-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw

Correction:

Mike's new email is actually miperez-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org (sorry, mperez!).

sage

* Odp.:  New Ceph community manager: Mike Perez
       [not found] ` <alpine.DEB.2.11.1808282228440.8749-qHenpvqtifaMSRpgCs4c+g@public.gmane.org>
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-08-30  7:20   ` Tomasz Kuzemko
From: Tomasz Kuzemko @ 2018-08-30  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw,
	ceph-community-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw

Welcome Mike! You're the perfect person for this role!

--
Tomasz Kuzemko
tomasz.kuzemko-Rm6v+N6rxxBWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org