* Syntek Driver ...
@ 2009-08-08  9:12 Clinton Lee Taylor
From: Clinton Lee Taylor @ 2009-08-08  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Greetings ...

 Sorry if this has come through before, but I did not recieve a copy
or a reply, so I'm assuming the orginal message did not get through
... Or I'm been ignored ... ;-)

 I was wondering if anybody has looked at the Syntek Driver stk11xx at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/syntekdriver/files/ ...

This driver is meant to have updates for the EasyCap USB video capture
device ...

http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/08/15/hands-on-with-the-easycap-capture-usb-20-video-adapter-with-audio/

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Creator-Capture-High-quality-Analog/dp/B001BWU8US

Hans de Goede suggested I post here ... As was explained, I'm not a
kernel programmer, but I do own one of these devices, so I can test,
maybe compile code and maybe help debug stuff, but I don't have the
skill to do much more than that ...

Would be great to have included in the main line Video4Linux and then
up stream Kernel ... Pretty please!!

Thanks
Mailed
LeeT

* Syntek Driver ...
@ 2009-08-06 19:05 Clinton Lee Taylor
From: Clinton Lee Taylor @ 2009-08-06 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Greetings ...

 I was wondering if anybody has looked at the Syntek Driver stk11xx at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/syntekdriver/files/ ... This driver is
meant to have updates for the EasyCap USB video capture device ...
Would be great to have included in the main line Video4Linux and then
up stream Kernel ... Pretty please!!

Mailed
LeeT

P.S. Hans de Goede suggested I post here ...

* Re: Syntek Driver ...
@ 2009-08-03  8:40   ` Clinton Lee Taylor
From: Clinton Lee Taylor @ 2009-08-03  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans de Goede; +Cc: video4linux-list

Greetings ...

2009/8/3 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl>:
> On 07/27/2009 09:30 PM, Clinton Lee Taylor wrote:
>>
>> Greetings ...
>>
>>  I was wondering if anybody has looked at the Syntek Driver stk11xx at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/syntekdriver/files/ ... This driver is
>> meant to have updates for the EasyCap USB video capture device ...
>> Would be great to have included in the main line Video4Linux and then
>> up stream Kernel ... Pretty please!!
>
> Hi,
 Thanks for the reply ...

> 1) The video4linux-list@redhat.com list is no longer in use, please
 Okay, going to subscribe to this list tonight ...

> 2) Getting this driver upstream requires someone who owns the actual
> hardware
>   to drive this, are you willing to do that ?
 I have this hardware and willing to try and test and report back, but
I'm not a kernel programmer ... More an intergrator ... Have two
options, either I could arrange a purchase of a unit for yourself,
then you could test too, or I could test what ever you could debug, I
see that you have many v4l devices already ... Would that be of any
good?

Thanks
Mailed
LeeT

* Re: Syntek Driver ...
@ 2009-08-03  8:09 ` Hans de Goede
From: Hans de Goede @ 2009-08-03  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clinton Lee Taylor; +Cc: video4linux-list

On 07/27/2009 09:30 PM, Clinton Lee Taylor wrote:
> Greetings ...
>
>   I was wondering if anybody has looked at the Syntek Driver stk11xx at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/syntekdriver/files/ ... This driver is
> meant to have updates for the EasyCap USB video capture device ...
> Would be great to have included in the main line Video4Linux and then
> up stream Kernel ... Pretty please!!
>
> Mailed
> LeeT

Hi,

1) The video4linux-list@redhat.com list is no longer in use, please

2) Getting this driver upstream requires someone who owns the actual hardware
    to drive this, are you willing to do that ?

Regards,

Hans

* Syntek Driver ...
@ 2009-07-27 19:30 Clinton Lee Taylor