* external mic not recognized on Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-573-55U8)
@ 2017-04-05 16:36 Kevin Bloch (né Field)
From: Kevin Bloch (né Field) @ 2017-04-05 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi wonderful ALSA devs,

Wondering if you could help me out.  I inherited this laptop and put
Linux Mint 18.1 on it, and would really appreciate it if there were some
way to eventually get an external mic working on it, because the
internal one is naturally pretty noisy, which makes it hard to use this
machine for professional meetings.

Hopefully it's not against list policy to simply link elsewhere: the
details are all available at
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/355552/external-headset-mic-not-listed-in-linux-mint-18-1-64-bit-on-acer-aspire-e-15
.  I tried getting into patching the drivers myself, but I didn't make
it too far.

BTW I would just report a bug with the bug tracker, but the Bug Tracker
link in the sidebar of
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Main_Page leads to
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug which gives a Not Found error
page.

Anyway please let me know what I can do to help facilitate by getting
further info from my machine here.

Thanks very much,
Kev

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-04-05 16:36 UTC | newest]