* status of kvm.git
@ 2020-03-24 11:53 Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2020-03-24 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: KVM list

I queued pretty much everything I planned to have in 5.7.  I'll need to
run a lot of tests, so it may take a few days before everything gets in
kvm/next.  (I'm also working part time-ish right now, fortunately tests
can run while I'm not attending).  I have a few kvm-unit-tests patches
to apply, those are independent of this and I'll get to them soon.

Pull requests for other architectures are always welcome of course.

For 5.8 I'd rather tone down the cleanups and focus on the new processor
features (especially CET and SPP) and on nested AMD unit tests and bugfixes.

Paolo

* Re: status of kvm.git
@ 2020-03-25 15:35 ` Sean Christopherson
From: Sean Christopherson @ 2020-03-25 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: KVM list

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:53:11PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> For 5.8 I'd rather tone down the cleanups and focus on the new processor
> features (especially CET and SPP) and on nested AMD unit tests and bugfixes.

Roger that.  Reviewing the latest CET series is on my todo list.

Regarding SPP, I thought the plan was to wait until VMI landed before
taking SPP support?  Has that changed?

* Re: status of kvm.git
@ 2020-03-25 15:47   ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2020-03-25 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Christopherson; +Cc: KVM list

On 25/03/20 16:35, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:53:11PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> For 5.8 I'd rather tone down the cleanups and focus on the new processor
>> features (especially CET and SPP) and on nested AMD unit tests and bugfixes.
>
> Roger that.  Reviewing the latest CET series is on my todo list.
>
> Regarding SPP, I thought the plan was to wait until VMI landed before
> taking SPP support?  Has that changed?

No, the latest VMI series included SPP but the code can go in separately
since it has its own selftest.

Paolo

* Re: status of kvm.git
@ 2020-03-25 15:50     ` Sean Christopherson
From: Sean Christopherson @ 2020-03-25 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: KVM list

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 04:47:36PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On 25/03/20 16:35, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:53:11PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> >> For 5.8 I'd rather tone down the cleanups and focus on the new processor
> >> features (especially CET and SPP) and on nested AMD unit tests and bugfixes.
> >
> > Roger that.  Reviewing the latest CET series is on my todo list.
> >
> > Regarding SPP, I thought the plan was to wait until VMI landed before
> > taking SPP support?  Has that changed?
>
> No, the latest VMI series included SPP but the code can go in separately
> since it has its own selftest.

Ah, gotcha.  In that case, I'll prioritize reviewing SPP as well.

* Re: status of kvm.git
@ 2020-03-26  8:47       ` Yang Weijiang
From: Yang Weijiang @ 2020-03-26  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Christopherson; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, KVM list

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 08:50:10AM -0700, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 04:47:36PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> > >
> > > Roger that.  Reviewing the latest CET series is on my todo list.
> > >
> > > Regarding SPP, I thought the plan was to wait until VMI landed before
> > > taking SPP support?  Has that changed?
> >
> > No, the latest VMI series included SPP but the code can go in separately
> > since it has its own selftest.
>
> Ah, gotcha.  In that case, I'll prioritize reviewing SPP as well.

Thanks for your great support, two gurus! It makes me feel refreshed. ;-))
BTW, I also enclosed CET unit-test app in KVM patch-set.