* [Buildroot] i.MXRT10xx support
@ 2022-09-29  1:28 jautry
From: jautry @ 2022-09-29  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

I noted on a site utilizing buildroot that there was i.MXRT10xx support.  In
downloading buildroot, I did not notice the MXRT1060 EVK board included in
any of the defconfigs.  I was just curious if this does exist?

thx

* Re: [Buildroot] i.MXRT10xx support
@ 2022-09-29  2:48 ` Giulio Benetti
From: Giulio Benetti @ 2022-09-29  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jautry; +Cc: Jesse Taube, buildroot

Hello Jautry(hope the name is correct),

> Il giorno 29 set 2022, alle ore 03:29, jautry@tekvox.com ha scritto:
>

> I noted on a site utilizing buildroot that there was i.MXRT10xx support.  In downloading buildroot, I did not notice the MXRT1060 EVK board included in any of the defconfigs.  I was just curious if this does exist?

that is still not upstreamed and we’re waiting for third iteration of patch that adds support for imxrt1050 from Jesse. The repository should be Jesse’s one or mine.

This is the old version that should work for imxrt1050 but also for imxrt1060(AFAIK registers are the same for most stuff):
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20220730061219.3061864-1-Mr.Bossman075@gmail.com/

So you can download and apply that patch and test the resulting image on the board.
It would be good having someone to test it apart Jesse and me.

Best regards
Giulio Benetti

@ 2022-09-30  1:29   ` Jesse Taube
From: Jesse Taube @ 2022-09-30  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giulio Benetti, jautry; +Cc: buildroot

On 9/28/22 22:48, Giulio Benetti wrote:
> Hello Jautry(hope the name is correct),
>
>> Il giorno 29 set 2022, alle ore 03:29, jautry@tekvox.com ha scritto:
>>

>> I noted on a site utilizing buildroot that there was i.MXRT10xx support.
What site?
Emcraft has a paid for BSP other than that I haven't seen this other
than the mailing list...

  In downloading buildroot, I did not notice the MXRT1060 EVK board
included in any of the defconfigs.  I was just curious if this does exist?

> that is still not upstreamed and we’re waiting for third iteration of patch that adds support for imxrt1050 from Jesse. The repository should be Jesse’s one or mine.
>
> This is the old version that should work for imxrt1050 but also for imxrt1060(AFAIK registers are the same for most stuff):
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20220730061219.3061864-1-Mr.Bossman075@gmail.com/
>
> So you can download and apply that patch and test the resulting image on the board.
> It would be good having someone to test it apart Jesse and me.
Yes please test

Thanks,
Jesse Taube