* Security Working Group meeting - Wednesday March 2
@ 2022-03-01 20:13 Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2022-03-01 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

This is a reminder of the OpenBMC Security Working Group meeting
scheduled for this Wednesday March 2 at 10:00am PDT.

We'll discuss the following items on the agenda
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b7x9BaxsfcukQDqbvZsU2ehMq4xoJRQvLxxsDUWmAOI>,
and anything else that comes up:

1. (no topics scheduled)

Access, agenda and notes are in the wiki:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Security-working-group
<https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Security-working-group>

- Joseph

* Re: Security Working Group meeting - Wednesday March 2 - results
@ 2022-03-02 18:24 ` Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2022-03-02 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

On 3/1/22 2:13 PM, Joseph Reynolds wrote:
> This is a reminder of the OpenBMC Security Working Group meeting
> scheduled for this Wednesday March 2 at 10:00am PDT.
>
> We'll discuss the following items on the agenda
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b7x9BaxsfcukQDqbvZsU2ehMq4xoJRQvLxxsDUWmAOI>,
> and anything else that comes up:
>
> 1.

We briefly discussed the NoAccess role.  It may have been conflated with
the IPMI Callback or NoAccess privileges or with channel access.  Newly
created IPMI users currently default to NoAccess, and there is a patch
to make new users have “User” (read only) privilege.  Note that in
OpenBMC’s IPMI implementation, creating users requires multiple IPMI
commands, for example: ipmitool user  add, user set password, channel, etc.

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/+/50824