* rdma-core packaging and multilib
@ 2017-03-14 18:02 Jarod Wilson
       [not found] ` <bb6b2274-a120-6a16-0025-4c0b1b090029-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Jarod Wilson @ 2017-03-14 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

We have some internal tools that check for multilib-clean packaging, and
they're unhappy with ibacm:

Report from TEST_MULTILIB:
[BAD] [ibacm] Subpackage ibacm is not multilib-clean for x86_64 vs i686:
2 files have non-equal 32/64bit content:
   /usr/share/man/man7/ibacm_prov.7.gz
   /etc/rdma/ibacm_opts.cfg

----8<----
ibacm_prov.7.gz on x86_64 vs i686:
-2. be installed under a configured directory, eg., /usr/lib64/ibacm;
+2. be installed under a configured directory, eg., /usr/lib/ibacm;
----8<----

Similar for ibacm_opts.cfg:

-# provider_lib_path /usr/lib64/ibacm
+# provider_lib_path /usr/lib/ibacm

Not sure what the ideal resolution is for this. I'd rather not put in
the wrong path for one arch or the other, and I think lib64 isn't used
universally by all 64-bit distros.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org

* Re: rdma-core packaging and multilib
       [not found] ` <bb6b2274-a120-6a16-0025-4c0b1b090029-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-03-14 18:17   ` Jason Gunthorpe
       [not found]     ` <20170314181708.GA25495-ePGOBjL8dl3ta4EC/59zMFaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>
From: Jason Gunthorpe @ 2017-03-14 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarod Wilson; +Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 02:02:15PM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Report from TEST_MULTILIB:
> [BAD] [ibacm] Subpackage ibacm is not multilib-clean for x86_64 vs i686: 2
> files have non-equal 32/64bit content:
>   /usr/share/man/man7/ibacm_prov.7.gz
>   /etc/rdma/ibacm_opts.cfg

Yep

> ibacm_prov.7.gz on x86_64 vs i686:
> -2. be installed under a configured directory, eg., /usr/lib64/ibacm;
> +2. be installed under a configured directory, eg., /usr/lib/ibacm;
>
> Similar for ibacm_opts.cfg:
>
> -# provider_lib_path /usr/lib64/ibacm
> +# provider_lib_path /usr/lib/ibacm
>
> Not sure what the ideal resolution is for this. I'd rather not put in the
> wrong path for one arch or the other, and I think lib64 isn't used
> universally by all 64-bit distros.

cmake substitutes in the correct path string at build time.

If you want these files to be identical then we cannot include the
path names at all, just put place holders and say to run 'ib_acme -D
. -O' to learn the configured value.

Jason

@ 2017-03-15 16:34       ` Doug Ledford
       [not found]         ` <79c87a2b-6b8e-d2f3-0246-bb549c52f8f3-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Doug Ledford @ 2017-03-15 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Gunthorpe, Jarod Wilson; +Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On 3/14/2017 2:17 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 02:02:15PM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
>> Report from TEST_MULTILIB:
>> [BAD] [ibacm] Subpackage ibacm is not multilib-clean for x86_64 vs i686: 2
>> files have non-equal 32/64bit content:
>>   /usr/share/man/man7/ibacm_prov.7.gz
>>   /etc/rdma/ibacm_opts.cfg
>
> Yep
>
>> ibacm_prov.7.gz on x86_64 vs i686:
>> -2. be installed under a configured directory, eg., /usr/lib64/ibacm;
>> +2. be installed under a configured directory, eg., /usr/lib/ibacm;
>>
>> Similar for ibacm_opts.cfg:
>>
>> -# provider_lib_path /usr/lib64/ibacm
>> +# provider_lib_path /usr/lib/ibacm
>>
>> Not sure what the ideal resolution is for this. I'd rather not put in the
>> wrong path for one arch or the other, and I think lib64 isn't used
>> universally by all 64-bit distros.
>
> cmake substitutes in the correct path string at build time.
>
> If you want these files to be identical then we cannot include the
> path names at all

That's not entirely true.  The man page specifically says the path in
the man page is an example, so it need not match the arch in use, it can
simply be one or the other with no substitution.  For the provider lib
path, it's in a comment, so again it would be possible to use proper
verbage to express that it is a sample and not use substitution.  We
might even be able to do something like:

# Modern distros commonly use either /usr/lib or /usr/lib64 for the
# default _libpath.  Substitute the correct value below before
# uncommenting
# provider_lib_path _libpath/ibacm

> , just put place holders and say to run 'ib_acme -D
> . -O' to learn the configured value.
>
> Jason

Doug Ledford <dledford-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
    GPG Key ID: B826A3330E572FDD
    Key fingerprint = AE6B 1BDA 122B 23B4 265B  1274 B826 A333 0E57 2FDD

@ 2017-03-15 16:45           ` Jason Gunthorpe
From: Jason Gunthorpe @ 2017-03-15 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford; +Cc: Jarod Wilson, linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 12:34:37PM -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:

> That's not entirely true.  The man page specifically says the path in
> the man page is an example, so it need not match the arch in use, it can
> simply be one or the other with no substitution.  For the provider lib
> path, it's in a comment, so again it would be possible to use proper
> verbage to express that it is a sample and not use substitution.  We
> might even be able to do something like:
>
> # Modern distros commonly use either /usr/lib or /usr/lib64 for the
> # default _libpath.  Substitute the correct value below before
> # uncommenting
> # provider_lib_path _libpath/ibacm

Debian derived uses /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

I think change the man page like:

       To add a provider to the ibacm core service, the provider must

       1. be implemented as a shared library;

       2. be installed under the configured directory, (see the output
       of ib_acme -D . -O)

       3  export a function provider_query() that returns a pointer to its provider info
          and version info.

And something similar for the etc file? The RH spec file produces the
etc file by running the ib_acme command, so it should sedscript in the
right text..

Jason