* Fwd: PMD for Broadcom/Emulex OCe14000 OCP Skyhawk-R
       [not found] <CAMTiEwc_POBUSWoYZ4RiFpaydu1WYLkRf-vNX6PLrp6iaj7S-A@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-03-07  3:56 ` sujith sankar
From: sujith sankar @ 2018-03-07  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi all,

Is PMD for Broadcom/Emulex OCe14000 OCP Skyhawk-R available?  There
are a few documents in Broadcom's site.  But could not find the source
code of it.

I believe 6Wind team developed the PMD for Broadcom.  But what is the
status of it?  Is it freely available?

Tried to get some help from users alias, but could not.
Could someone please help me with info on this?

Thanks,
-Sujith

* Re: Fwd: PMD for Broadcom/Emulex OCe14000 OCP Skyhawk-R
@ 2018-03-08  7:20   ` Vincent JARDIN
From: Vincent JARDIN @ 2018-03-08  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sujith sankar; +Cc: dev

Le 07/03/2018 à 04:56, sujith sankar a écrit :
> Is PMD for Broadcom/Emulex OCe14000 OCP Skyhawk-R available?  There
> are a few documents in Broadcom's site.  But could not find the source
> code of it.

Right, it has not been upstreamed. Currently, it is even deprecated at
6WIND for our new releases.
   www.6wind.com/products/6windgate/6windgate-platfoarm-support/
see the NIC section.

> I believe 6Wind team developed the PMD for Broadcom.  But what is the
> status of it?  Is it freely available?

I guess you are referring to:
   https://docs.broadcom.com/docs/12356248

This PMD is deprecated. We kept it only for old DPDK releases because it
relies on some specific SDK from Emulex/Skyhawk's designers! The PMD
without the SDK is useless.

> Tried to get some help from users alias, but could not.
> Could someone please help me with info on this?

In fact, the best option is to use AF_XDP PMD if you need to support
this Emulex/SkyhawkNIC. Please, give a try to this AF_XDP PMD. Your
benchmarks will be welcomed. I guess it is better to invest time in
improving AF_XDP PMD,
   http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2018-February/091502.html

best regards,
   Vincent

* Re: Fwd: PMD for Broadcom/Emulex OCe14000 OCP Skyhawk-R
@ 2018-03-08 10:01     ` sujith sankar
From: sujith sankar @ 2018-03-08 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent JARDIN; +Cc: dev

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 12:50 PM, Vincent JARDIN
<vincent.jardin@6wind.com> wrote:
> Le 07/03/2018 à 04:56, sujith sankar a écrit :
>>
>> Is PMD for Broadcom/Emulex OCe14000 OCP Skyhawk-R available?  There
>> are a few documents in Broadcom's site.  But could not find the source
>> code of it.
>

> Right, it has not been upstreamed. Currently, it is even deprecated at 6WIND
> for our new releases.
>   www.6wind.com/products/6windgate/6windgate-platfoarm-support/
> see the NIC section.
>

>> I believe 6Wind team developed the PMD for Broadcom.  But what is the
>> status of it?  Is it freely available?
>

> I guess you are referring to:
>   https://docs.broadcom.com/docs/12356248
>
> This PMD is deprecated. We kept it only for old DPDK releases because it
> relies on some specific SDK from Emulex/Skyhawk's designers! The PMD without
> the SDK is useless.
>

>> Tried to get some help from users alias, but could not.
>> Could someone please help me with info on this?
>

> In fact, the best option is to use AF_XDP PMD if you need to support this
> Emulex/SkyhawkNIC. Please, give a try to this AF_XDP PMD. Your benchmarks
> will be welcomed. I guess it is better to invest time in improving AF_XDP
> PMD,
>   http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2018-February/091502.html

Thanks Vincent !  Your inputs are much appreciated.

Regards,
-Sujith