From: Heiko Schocher <hs@denx.de>
To: Jupiter <jupiter.hce@gmail.com>
Cc: Richard Weinberger <richard.weinberger@gmail.com>,
	u-boot@lists.denx.de, linux-mtd <linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org>
Subject: Re: Issue with 'ubi part' ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 06:03:52 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Jupiter,

Am 19.05.2020 um 14:06 schrieb Jupiter:
> Thanks Richard for the response.
>
> On 5/19/20, Richard Weinberger <richard.weinberger@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Neither UBI nor UBIFS care about ECC. The MTD stack does.
>> If you write something in Linux you cannot read back in u-boot a common
>> problem is that u-boot and Linux use different MTD settings (layout,
>> ECC, etc...).
>
> That is exactly the problem I have, the MTD layout in both Linux and
> u-boot is the same:
>
> # mtdinfo
> Count of MTD devices:           3
> Present MTD devices:            mtd0, mtd1, mtd2
> Sysfs interface supported:      yes
>
> Are there any ways or tools in Linux to change MTD settings (most
> likely the ECC or DTB) to the same setting in u-boot? I do have mtd
> and fw_setenv in Linux.

No for U-Boot (as I am aware of). You need to fix the DTS or may if
older U-Boot your code.

May you need to add in your U-Boot DTS gpmi node the property:

fsl,legacy-bch-geometry;

?

see commit:

51cdf83eea - mtd: gpmi: provide the option to use legacy bch geometry

bye,
Heiko
Phone: +49-8142-66989-52   Fax: +49-8142-66989-80   Email: hs@denx.de

From: Heiko Schocher <hs@denx.de>