* Kernel warning - not sure if this is important
@ 2018-03-19  8:21 Peter Chant
From: Peter Chant @ 2018-03-19  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

I got this kernel warning overnight.  Possibly during or after a dedup
using duperemove.  I'm not sure if that is relevent.  Seems to relate to
fs/btrfs/backref.c line 1266.

Don't know if it is important.  Thought I'd post it just in case.

I'm afraid this is a screen-shot in the old fashioned sense:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NelZV2ld9Yqqt8b2y2sg6aAwgevgMy4X/view?usp=sharing

Pete

* Re: Kernel warning - not sure if this is important
@ 2018-03-19  8:34 ` Nikolay Borisov
From: Nikolay Borisov @ 2018-03-19  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Chant, linux-btrfs

On 19.03.2018 10:21, Peter Chant wrote:
> I got this kernel warning overnight.  Possibly during or after a dedup
> using duperemove.  I'm not sure if that is relevent.  Seems to relate to
> fs/btrfs/backref.c line 1266.
>
> Don't know if it is important.  Thought I'd post it just in case.
>
> I'm afraid this is a screen-shot in the old fashioned sense:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NelZV2ld9Yqqt8b2y2sg6aAwgevgMy4X/view?usp=sharing

You are hitting a warning that was removed in : c8195a7b1ad5 ("btrfs:
remove spurious WARN_ON(ref->count < 0) in find_parent_nodes")

In short - you can disregard it. However, it's likely you will continue
seeing it in the future unless you update to 4.16 (the commit is not
tagged for stable ))

@ 2018-03-20 20:13   ` Pete
From: Pete @ 2018-03-20 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolay Borisov, linux-btrfs

On 03/19/2018 08:34 AM, Nikolay Borisov wrote:

> You are hitting a warning that was removed in : c8195a7b1ad5 ("btrfs:
> remove spurious WARN_ON(ref->count < 0) in find_parent_nodes")
>

> In short - you can disregard it. However, it's likely you will continue
> seeing it in the future unless you update to 4.16 (the commit is not
> tagged for stable ))

Thank you, much appreciated.  I think I can manage to wait for 4.16!

Pete