* git status showing phantom modifications
@ 2010-01-25 10:41 Michael Ludwig
From: Michael Ludwig @ 2010-01-25 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

This is on Cygwin, package git-1.6.4.2-1 [1]:

michael@wladimir:/cygdrive/m/REPOS6.TECH.git :-) git st
# On branch master
nothing to commit (working directory clean)

Note: This repository is a fresh conversion from a subversion repository.
As mentioned, this is Cygwin on XP Home, and the filesystem is NTFS.

michael@wladimir:/cygdrive/m/REPOS6.TECH.git :-) cd comp

Note: The directory I've cd'd into is not a submodule, just a regular part
of the working copy.

michael@wladimir:/cygdrive/m/REPOS6.TECH.git/comp :-) git st
# On branch master
# Changed but not updated:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
#
#       modified:   mw/wsdl-version.txt
#       modified:   net/httpsrvr/iis6.wodo
#       ... and about 100 more of that ...

I would expect the output of git status to be consistent regardless of my
position in the working directory.

Git bug, Cygwin issue, or some oversight of mine?

[1] http://cygwin.com/packages/git/
--
Michael.Ludwig (#) XING.com