* Scuttlemonkey signing off...
@ 2017-05-22 14:36 Patrick McGarry
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Patrick McGarry @ 2017-05-22 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Devel, Ceph-User

Hey cephers,

I'm writing to you today to share that my time in the Ceph community
is coming to an end this year. The last five years (!!) of working
with the Ceph community have yielded some of the most rewarding
adventures of my professional career, but a new opportunity has come
along that I just couldn't pass up.

I will continue to work through the end of July in order to transition
my responsibilities to a replacement.  In the spirit of Ceph openness,
I am currently assisting Stormy Peters (Red Hat's senior community
manager - stormy@redhat.com) in seeking candidates, so if you know
anyone who might be interested in managing the Ceph community, please
let me know.

While this is definitely bittersweet for me, the Ceph community has
done a good job of self-managing, self-healing, and replicating just
like the underlying technology, so I know you are all in good hands
(each others!).  If you would like to keep in touch, or have questions
beyond the time I am able to answer my @redhat.com email address, feel
free to reach out to me at pmcgarry@gmail.com and I'll be happy to
catch up.

If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime feel free to
reach out to me directly, but I'll do my best to ensure there is
minimal distruption during this transition. Thank you to all of you in
the Ceph community who have made this journey so rewarding. I look
forward to seeing even more amazing things in Ceph's future!

--

Best Regards,

Patrick McGarry
Director Ceph Community || Red Hat
http://ceph.com  ||  http://community.redhat.com
@scuttlemonkey || @ceph

* Re: Scuttlemonkey signing off...
       [not found] ` <CAAZbbf2+JwVzYtcZ0dS4zVckRWjwTLKz6tH+eE0h8tixQ+C0EA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-05-22 17:00   ` Mark Nelson
       [not found]     ` <36119611-227f-7d27-7f90-2d7410191b89-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Mark Nelson @ 2017-05-22 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick McGarry, Ceph Devel, Ceph-User

Say it ain't so scuttlemonkey!  I'm very sorry to see you go but, I hope
you enjoy your new opportunity immensely!  Best of luck!

Mark

@ 2017-05-22 17:16       ` Federico Lucifredi
From: Federico Lucifredi @ 2017-05-22 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Nelson; +Cc: Ceph Devel, Ceph-User

Patrick,
  It has been an absolute privilege to work with you, and I hope we get to
do it again sometime soon!

Best-F

FEDERICO LUCIFREDI

PRODUCT MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR, Ceph Storage

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/>

A273 4F57 58C0 7FE8 838D 4F87 AEEB EC18 4A73 88AC
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>

On May 22, 2017, at 1:01 PM, Mark Nelson <mnelson-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:

[...]

@ 2017-05-22 17:22 ` Federico Lucifredi
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Federico Lucifredi @ 2017-05-22 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

@ 2017-05-22 18:39   ` Victor Denisov
From: Victor Denisov @ 2017-05-22 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Federico Lucifredi; +Cc: ceph-devel

So sorry to hear it, Patrick.
Good luck in your future endeavor.

V.

@ 2017-05-22 19:05     ` Ali Maredia
From: Ali Maredia @ 2017-05-22 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor Denisov; +Cc: Federico Lucifredi, ceph-devel

Best of luck Patrick. It's been a pleasure working with you.

Best,

Ali

> >   It has been an absolute privilege to work with you, and I hope we get to
> >   do it again sometime soon!
> >
> > Best-F
> >

> >> On May 22, 2017, at 10:37 AM, Patrick McGarry <pmcgarry@redhat.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey cephers,
> >>
> >> I'm writing to you today to share that my time in the Ceph community
> >> is coming to an end this year. The last five years (!!) of working
> >> with the Ceph community have yielded some of the most rewarding
> >> adventures of my professional career, but a new opportunity has come
> >> along that I just couldn't pass up.
> >>
> >> I will continue to work through the end of July in order to transition
> >> my responsibilities to a replacement.  In the spirit of Ceph openness,
> >> I am currently assisting Stormy Peters (Red Hat's senior community
> >> manager - stormy@redhat.com) in seeking candidates, so if you know
> >> anyone who might be interested in managing the Ceph community, please
> >> let me know.
> >>
> >> While this is definitely bittersweet for me, the Ceph community has
> >> done a good job of self-managing, self-healing, and replicating just
> >> like the underlying technology, so I know you are all in good hands
> >> (each others!).  If you would like to keep in touch, or have questions
> >> beyond the time I am able to answer my @redhat.com email address, feel
> >> free to reach out to me at pmcgarry@gmail.com and I'll be happy to
> >> catch up.
> >>
> >> If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime feel free to
> >> reach out to me directly, but I'll do my best to ensure there is
> >> minimal distruption during this transition. Thank you to all of you in
> >> the Ceph community who have made this journey so rewarding. I look
> >> forward to seeing even more amazing things in Ceph's future!
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Best Regards,
> >>
> >> Patrick McGarry
> >> Director Ceph Community || Red Hat
> >> http://ceph.com  ||  http://community.redhat.com
> >> @scuttlemonkey || @ceph
> >> --

* Re: Scuttlemonkey signing off...
@ 2017-05-22 23:13 ` Brad Hubbard
       [not found] ` <CAAZbbf2+JwVzYtcZ0dS4zVckRWjwTLKz6tH+eE0h8tixQ+C0EA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Brad Hubbard @ 2017-05-22 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick McGarry; +Cc: Ceph Devel, Ceph-User

Sorry to see you go mate but i wish you all the best going forward and
hope to catch up with you again in the future.

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:36 AM, Patrick McGarry <pmcgarry@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey cephers,
>
> I'm writing to you today to share that my time in the Ceph community
> is coming to an end this year. The last five years (!!) of working
> with the Ceph community have yielded some of the most rewarding
> adventures of my professional career, but a new opportunity has come
> along that I just couldn't pass up.
>
> I will continue to work through the end of July in order to transition
> my responsibilities to a replacement.  In the spirit of Ceph openness,
> I am currently assisting Stormy Peters (Red Hat's senior community
> manager - stormy@redhat.com) in seeking candidates, so if you know
> anyone who might be interested in managing the Ceph community, please
> let me know.
>
> While this is definitely bittersweet for me, the Ceph community has
> done a good job of self-managing, self-healing, and replicating just
> like the underlying technology, so I know you are all in good hands
> (each others!).  If you would like to keep in touch, or have questions
> beyond the time I am able to answer my @redhat.com email address, feel
> free to reach out to me at pmcgarry@gmail.com and I'll be happy to
> catch up.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime feel free to
> reach out to me directly, but I'll do my best to ensure there is
> minimal distruption during this transition. Thank you to all of you in
> the Ceph community who have made this journey so rewarding. I look
> forward to seeing even more amazing things in Ceph's future!
>

> --
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Patrick McGarry
> Director Ceph Community || Red Hat
> http://ceph.com  ||  http://community.redhat.com
> @scuttlemonkey || @ceph

Cheers,
Brad

@ 2017-05-23  6:37   ` Richard Arends
From: Richard Arends @ 2017-05-23  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick McGarry, Ceph Devel, Ceph-User

On 05/22/2017 04:36 PM, Patrick McGarry wrote:

HI Patrick,

> I'm writing to you today to share that my time in the Ceph community
> is coming to an end this year. The last five years (!!) of working
> with the Ceph community have yielded some of the most rewarding
> adventures of my professional career, but a new opportunity has come
> along that I just couldn't pass up.

Thanks for what you have done for the Ceph community.

--

With regards,

Richard Arends.
Snow BV / http://snow.nl

@ 2017-05-23 13:01   ` Wido den Hollander
       [not found]     ` <282454629.591.1495544461946-4q+tAGQs9zLCXE5Mi8V/gA@public.gmane.org>
From: Wido den Hollander @ 2017-05-23 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph-User, Ceph Devel, Patrick McGarry

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for all your work in the last 5 years! Sad to see you leave, but again, your effort is very much appreciated!

Wido

@ 2017-05-23 14:38       ` John Wilkins
From: John Wilkins @ 2017-05-23 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wido den Hollander; +Cc: Ceph Devel, Ceph-User

Sorry to see you go Patrick. You've been at this as long as I have. Best of
luck to you!

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 6:01 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido-fspyXLx8qC4@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hey Patrick,
>
> Thanks for all your work in the last 5 years! Sad to see you leave, but
> again, your effort is very much appreciated!
>
> Wido
>
> > Op 22 mei 2017 om 16:36 schreef Patrick McGarry <pmcgarry-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>:
> >

> > Hey cephers,
> >
> > I'm writing to you today to share that my time in the Ceph community
> > is coming to an end this year. The last five years (!!) of working
> > with the Ceph community have yielded some of the most rewarding
> > adventures of my professional career, but a new opportunity has come
> > along that I just couldn't pass up.
> >
> > I will continue to work through the end of July in order to transition
> > my responsibilities to a replacement.  In the spirit of Ceph openness,
> > I am currently assisting Stormy Peters (Red Hat's senior community
> > manager - stormy-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org) in seeking candidates, so if you know
> > anyone who might be interested in managing the Ceph community, please
> > let me know.
> >
> > While this is definitely bittersweet for me, the Ceph community has
> > done a good job of self-managing, self-healing, and replicating just
> > like the underlying technology, so I know you are all in good hands
> > (each others!).  If you would like to keep in touch, or have questions
> > beyond the time I am able to answer my @redhat.com email address, feel
> > free to reach out to me at pmcgarry-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org and I'll be happy to
> > catch up.
> >
> > If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime feel free to
> > reach out to me directly, but I'll do my best to ensure there is
> > minimal distruption during this transition. Thank you to all of you in
> > the Ceph community who have made this journey so rewarding. I look
> > forward to seeing even more amazing things in Ceph's future!
> >

> > --
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Patrick McGarry
> > Director Ceph Community || Red Hat
> > http://ceph.com  ||  http://community.redhat.com
> > @scuttlemonkey || @ceph

John Wilkins
Red Hat
jowilkin-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org
(415) 425-9599
http://redhat.com

* Re: [ceph-users] Scuttlemonkey signing off...
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
       [not found] ` <CAAZbbf2+JwVzYtcZ0dS4zVckRWjwTLKz6tH+eE0h8tixQ+C0EA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-05-23 17:12 ` kefu chai
From: kefu chai @ 2017-05-23 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick McGarry; +Cc: Ceph Devel

Patrick, sorry to learn this. All the best!

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 10:36 PM, Patrick McGarry <pmcgarry@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey cephers,
>
> I'm writing to you today to share that my time in the Ceph community
> is coming to an end this year. The last five years (!!) of working
> with the Ceph community have yielded some of the most rewarding
> adventures of my professional career, but a new opportunity has come
> along that I just couldn't pass up.
>
> I will continue to work through the end of July in order to transition
> my responsibilities to a replacement.  In the spirit of Ceph openness,
> I am currently assisting Stormy Peters (Red Hat's senior community
> manager - stormy@redhat.com) in seeking candidates, so if you know
> anyone who might be interested in managing the Ceph community, please
> let me know.
>
> While this is definitely bittersweet for me, the Ceph community has
> done a good job of self-managing, self-healing, and replicating just
> like the underlying technology, so I know you are all in good hands
> (each others!).  If you would like to keep in touch, or have questions
> beyond the time I am able to answer my @redhat.com email address, feel
> free to reach out to me at pmcgarry@gmail.com and I'll be happy to
> catch up.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime feel free to
> reach out to me directly, but I'll do my best to ensure there is
> minimal distruption during this transition. Thank you to all of you in
> the Ceph community who have made this journey so rewarding. I look
> forward to seeing even more amazing things in Ceph's future!
>

> --
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Patrick McGarry
> Director Ceph Community || Red Hat
> http://ceph.com  ||  http://community.redhat.com
> @scuttlemonkey || @ceph

Regards
Kefu Chai

* Re: Scuttlemonkey signing off...
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-05-24  0:08 ` Dan Mick
From: Dan Mick @ 2017-05-24  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick McGarry, Ceph Devel, Ceph-User

On 05/22/2017 07:36 AM, Patrick McGarry wrote:

> I'm writing to you today to share that my time in the Ceph community
> is coming to an end this year.

You'll leave a big hole, Patrick.  It's been great having you along for
the ride.

--
Dan Mick
Red Hat, Inc.