* OpenEmbedded at Linuxtag 2009
@ 2009-05-05 17:23 Florian Boor
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Florian Boor @ 2009-05-05 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi!

I have some good news: We have been accepted for a project booth at LinuxTag.
This means that we have a booth at the largest Linux fair in Europe and the
opportunity to get in touch with users, companies and other projects there.

LinuxTag takes place in Berlin, Germany from June 24 to 27.

I can take care about organising this event for us and about some basic
equipment and a few devices. It would be great to have some more of us there to
man the booth. I can order exhibitor passes for us, so if you like to help
please let me know soon: In contrast to last year we do not get a defined number
of these but we have to register one by one by submitting the name.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15

* Re: OpenEmbedded at Linuxtag 2009
@ 2009-05-12 15:36 ` Marcin Juszkiewicz
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Marcin Juszkiewicz @ 2009-05-12 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Dnia wtorek, 5 maja 2009 o 19:23:30 Florian Boor napisał(a):

> I have some good news: We have been accepted for a project booth at
> LinuxTag. This means that we have a booth at the largest Linux fair
> in Europe and the opportunity to get in touch with users, companies
> and other projects there.

Cool!

> I can take care about organising this event for us and about some
> basic equipment and a few devices. It would be great to have some
> more of us there to man the booth. I can order exhibitor passes for
> us, so if you like to help please let me know soon: In contrast to
> last year we do not get a defined number of these but we have to
> register one by one by submitting the name.

I will attend LinuxTag this year and will help to man the booth. Can
take some devices with me too.

Can we think about hotel near Berlin Messe to group in one place?

JID:      hrw@jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz

* Re: OpenEmbedded at Linuxtag 2009
@ 2009-05-12 15:47   ` Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
From: Michael 'Mickey' Lauer @ 2009-05-12 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

I recommend the HonigMond Restaurant Hotel.

:M:

* Re: OpenEmbedded at Linuxtag 2009
@ 2009-05-12 18:29   ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2009-05-12 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 5 maja 2009 o 19:23:30 Florian Boor napisał(a):
>
>> I have some good news: We have been accepted for a project booth at
>> LinuxTag. This means that we have a booth at the largest Linux fair
>> in Europe and the opportunity to get in touch with users, companies
>> and other projects there.
>
> Cool!
>
>> I can take care about organising this event for us and about some
>> basic equipment and a few devices. It would be great to have some
>> more of us there to man the booth. I can order exhibitor passes for
>> us, so if you like to help please let me know soon: In contrast to
>> last year we do not get a defined number of these but we have to
>> register one by one by submitting the name.
>
> I will attend LinuxTag this year and will help to man the booth. Can
> take some devices with me too.

I will also make it. (Very fortunate timing with already planned
vacation:) Hopefully, I can bring some embedded SDR stuff I have been
working on.

> Can we think about hotel near Berlin Messe to group in one place?

I'm interested in this also.

Philip

[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 3303 bytes --]

* Re: OpenEmbedded at Linuxtag 2009
@ 2009-05-12 19:00 ` Leon Woestenberg
From: Leon Woestenberg @ 2009-05-12 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Hello Florian,

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Florian Boor
<florian.boor@kernelconcepts.de> wrote:

> I have some good news: We have been accepted for a project booth at LinuxTag.
> This means that we have a booth at the largest Linux fair in Europe and the
> opportunity to get in touch with users, companies and other projects there.

This is excellent.

I cannot join unfortunately, I'm in Portugal at that time for a
wedding party and probably some vacation included :-)

I do have the poster design PDFs which we used at FOSDEM this year.

Leon

* Re: OpenEmbedded at Linuxtag 2009
@ 2009-05-12 19:08 ` Leon Woestenberg
From: Leon Woestenberg @ 2009-05-12 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Hello Florian,

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Florian Boor
<florian.boor@kernelconcepts.de> wrote:

> I have some good news: We have been accepted for a project booth at LinuxTag.
> This means that we have a booth at the largest Linux fair in Europe and the
> opportunity to get in touch with users, companies and other projects there.

This is excellent.

I cannot join unfortunately, I'm in Portugal at that time for a
wedding party and probably some vacation included :-)

I do have the poster design PDFs which we used at FOSDEM this year, is
it useful?

Leon

* Re: OpenEmbedded at Linuxtag 2009
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-06-10  9:24 ` Marcin Juszkiewicz
From: Marcin Juszkiewicz @ 2009-06-10  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Michael 'Mickey' Lauer

Dnia wtorek, 5 maja 2009 o 19:23:30 Florian Boor napisał(a):

> I have some good news: We have been accepted for a project booth at
> LinuxTag. This means that we have a booth at the largest Linux fair
> in Europe and the opportunity to get in touch with users, companies
> and other projects there.
>
> LinuxTag takes place in Berlin, Germany from June 24 to 27.

Mickey: can you provide sources for contrib/marketing/ material
(flyer/poster)?

We need to update them to new logo and print some amount of flyers for
LinuxTag. A5 prints costs ~50 EUR for 2500 pieces here.

Another things which we should finally do are:

- badges for booth crew (with OE logo, fullname, irc nick, email)
- businesscards for booth crew (with OE logo/infos, fullname, etc)

At FOSDEM we had anonymous people on booth...

@ 2009-06-10  9:43   ` Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2009-06-10  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

2009/6/10 Marcin Juszkiewicz <marcin@juszkiewicz.com.pl>:
> Dnia wtorek, 5 maja 2009 o 19:23:30 Florian Boor napisał(a):
>
>> I have some good news: We have been accepted for a project booth at
>> LinuxTag. This means that we have a booth at the largest Linux fair
>> in Europe and the opportunity to get in touch with users, companies
>> and other projects there.
>>
>> LinuxTag takes place in Berlin, Germany from June 24 to 27.
>
> Mickey: can you provide sources for contrib/marketing/ material
> (flyer/poster)?
>
> We need to update them to new logo and print some amount of flyers for
> LinuxTag. A5 prints costs ~50 EUR for 2500 pieces here.
>
> Another things which we should finally do are:
>
> - badges for booth crew (with OE logo, fullname, irc nick, email)
> - businesscards for booth crew (with OE logo/infos, fullname, etc)
>
> At FOSDEM we had anonymous people on booth...

regular adges is sooo outdated.
techies go for led badges

* Re: OpenEmbedded at Linuxtag 2009
@ 2009-06-10 10:02     ` Marcin Juszkiewicz
From: Marcin Juszkiewicz @ 2009-06-10 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Dnia środa, 10 czerwca 2009 o 11:43:32 Frans Meulenbroeks napisał(a):
> regular adges is sooo outdated.
> techies go for led badges

What about AMOLED badges? That would be more up to date with technology.

@ 2009-06-10 12:17       ` Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2009-06-10 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

2009/6/10 Marcin Juszkiewicz <marcin@juszkiewicz.com.pl>:
> Dnia środa, 10 czerwca 2009 o 11:43:32 Frans Meulenbroeks napisał(a):
>> regular adges is sooo outdated.
>> techies go for led badges
>
> What about AMOLED badges? That would be more up to date with technology.

Better. Much better.
Don't know a good and inexpensive source though.

FM

* Re: OpenEmbedded at Linuxtag 2009
@ 2009-06-10 12:36     ` Phil Blundell
From: Phil Blundell @ 2009-06-10 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 11:43 +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> regular adges is sooo outdated.
> techies go for led badges

Ah, TFT badges are what you need.  Should be easy to arrange with all
these surplus collies.

p.

* Re: OpenEmbedded at Linuxtag 2009
@ 2009-06-11 19:56       ` GNUtoo
From: GNUtoo @ 2009-06-11 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 12:02 +0200, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> Dnia środa, 10 czerwca 2009 o 11:43:32 Frans Meulenbroeks napisał(a):
> > regular adges is sooo outdated.
> > techies go for led badges
>
> What about AMOLED badges? That would be more up to date with technology.
>
> Regards,
Maybe...but the AMOLED controller that runs it need to run uclinux, and
be built with openembedded.
If the CPU/microcontroller is an arm then the device would then be
called ARMOLED.

Denis.