* Power Key/button on rk3399-roc-pc
@ 2020-04-01  4:53 Suniel Mahesh
       [not found] ` <CAM+7aWuR-2EYSDQLj+Sep9cu_cAsL5QD=wRrar-9vLSd_7KPyg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Suniel Mahesh @ 2020-04-01  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Reichl, djw-Efosm3t9Qi2Pt1CcHtbs0g
  Cc: Kever Yang, linux-rockchip-IAPFreCvJWM7uuMidbF8XUB+6BGkLq7r,
	Heiko Stuebner, Jagan Teki

Hi Markus, Levin and all,

Can you guys please suggest me on my requirement.

rk3399-roc-pc board has a Power Key/button. As per the schematics this
Power Key/button
is connected to GPIO0_A5.

My requirement is can I use this button for board powerup (especially
in linux when we issue
"poweroff" command, the board shuts down and it should power back on
after I press the Power Key/button).

For the above to happen, I think this Power Key/button be connected to
PMIC RK808-D IC, am i correct ?

In the schematics, it is not very clear as if such arrangement is
there (though it says it can be an option in
RK3399_BOX_REF_V13_20180821.pdf). I am attaching the document.

Please suggest/comment on my requirement.

Thanks and regards
Suniel

[-- Attachment #2: RK3399_BOX_REF_V13_20180821.pdf --]

* Re: Power Key/button on rk3399-roc-pc
       [not found] ` <CAM+7aWuR-2EYSDQLj+Sep9cu_cAsL5QD=wRrar-9vLSd_7KPyg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-01 10:09   ` Markus Reichl
       [not found]     ` <c3f77864-ab66-e31c-e9a6-5a3c8e10b6ea-SRyzfwRm/0rPTwkrwQOX7A@public.gmane.org>
From: Markus Reichl @ 2020-04-01 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suniel Mahesh, djw-Efosm3t9Qi2Pt1CcHtbs0g
  Cc: Kever Yang, linux-rockchip-IAPFreCvJWM7uuMidbF8XUB+6BGkLq7r,
	Heiko Stuebner, Jagan Teki

Hi Suniel,

Am 01.04.20 um 06:53 schrieb Suniel Mahesh:
> Hi Markus, Levin and all,
>
> Can you guys please suggest me on my requirement.
>
> rk3399-roc-pc board has a Power Key/button. As per the schematics this
> Power Key/button
> is connected to GPIO0_A5.

And to PWRON of RK808.

> My requirement is can I use this button for board powerup (especially
> in linux when we issue
> "poweroff" command, the board shuts down and it should power back on
> after I press the Power Key/button).
>
> For the above to happen, I think this Power Key/button be connected to
> PMIC RK808-D IC, am i correct ?

Yes, see P.16 of ROC-3399-PC-V10-A-20180804 schematic.

> In the schematics, it is not very clear as if such arrangement is
> there (though it says it can be an option in
> RK3399_BOX_REF_V13_20180821.pdf). I am attaching the document.
>
> Please suggest/comment on my requirement.

Should work, everything is in place, just press long enough ;-).

Btw. could you just revert your recent U-Boot commit
checking GPIO0_A5 that prevents unattended booting?

Markus

@ 2020-04-02  4:39       ` Suniel Mahesh
       [not found]         ` <CAM+7aWshiM3YAc9B+GADqKry7bAPapdTJAym-9Wzadtdr3cJHg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Suniel Mahesh @ 2020-04-02  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Reichl
  Cc: Kever Yang, linux-rockchip-IAPFreCvJWM7uuMidbF8XUB+6BGkLq7r,
	djw-Efosm3t9Qi2Pt1CcHtbs0g, Heiko Stuebner, Jagan Teki

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 3:40 PM Markus Reichl <m.reichl-SRyzfwRm/0rPTwkrwQOX7A@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi Suniel,
>
> Am 01.04.20 um 06:53 schrieb Suniel Mahesh:
> > Hi Markus, Levin and all,
> >
> > Can you guys please suggest me on my requirement.
> >
> > rk3399-roc-pc board has a Power Key/button. As per the schematics this
> > Power Key/button
> > is connected to GPIO0_A5.
>
> And to PWRON of RK808.
>

> > My requirement is can I use this button for board powerup (especially
> > in linux when we issue
> > "poweroff" command, the board shuts down and it should power back on
> > after I press the Power Key/button).
> >
> > For the above to happen, I think this Power Key/button be connected to
> > PMIC RK808-D IC, am i correct ?
>
> Yes, see P.16 of ROC-3399-PC-V10-A-20180804 schematic.
> >
> > In the schematics, it is not very clear as if such arrangement is
> > there (though it says it can be an option in
> > RK3399_BOX_REF_V13_20180821.pdf). I am attaching the document.
> >
> > Please suggest/comment on my requirement.
>
> Should work, everything is in place, just press long enough ;-).

Thanks Markus for your help. its working.

> Btw. could you just revert your recent U-Boot commit
> checking GPIO0_A5 that prevents unattended booting?

we have sent a patch series(5 patches) which takes care of the above
issue. attaching patchwork links:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1258093/

Suniel

@ 2020-04-02  7:27           ` Markus Reichl
       [not found]             ` <af59b7f4-7fb9-4370-9cf5-de4bfedf9e43-SRyzfwRm/0rPTwkrwQOX7A@public.gmane.org>
From: Markus Reichl @ 2020-04-02  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suniel Mahesh
  Cc: Kever Yang, linux-rockchip-IAPFreCvJWM7uuMidbF8XUB+6BGkLq7r,

Am 02.04.20 um 06:39 schrieb Suniel Mahesh:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 3:40 PM Markus Reichl <m.reichl-SRyzfwRm/0rPTwkrwQOX7A@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Suniel,
>>
>> Am 01.04.20 um 06:53 schrieb Suniel Mahesh:
>> > Hi Markus, Levin and all,
>> >
>> > Can you guys please suggest me on my requirement.
>> >
>> > rk3399-roc-pc board has a Power Key/button. As per the schematics this
>> > Power Key/button
>> > is connected to GPIO0_A5.
>>
>> And to PWRON of RK808.
>>

>> > My requirement is can I use this button for board powerup (especially
>> > in linux when we issue
>> > "poweroff" command, the board shuts down and it should power back on
>> > after I press the Power Key/button).
>> >
>> > For the above to happen, I think this Power Key/button be connected to
>> > PMIC RK808-D IC, am i correct ?
>>
>> Yes, see P.16 of ROC-3399-PC-V10-A-20180804 schematic.
>> >
>> > In the schematics, it is not very clear as if such arrangement is
>> > there (though it says it can be an option in
>> > RK3399_BOX_REF_V13_20180821.pdf). I am attaching the document.
>> >
>> > Please suggest/comment on my requirement.
>>
>> Should work, everything is in place, just press long enough ;-).
>
> Thanks Markus for your help. its working.
>

>> Btw. could you just revert your recent U-Boot commit
>> checking GPIO0_A5 that prevents unattended booting?
>
> we have sent a patch series(5 patches) which takes care of the above
> issue. attaching patchwork links:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1258093/

I looked at your
[v2,2/5] roc-rk3399-pc: Set low power leds, power key only if POR [1]
and it seems to prevent unattended boot after a power interruption
(brown out), which is a problem for a device with a built in board
and no access to power key or operator.
I really would prefer straight boot without human intervention in
all cases.

Markus

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1258094/

@ 2020-04-02 12:29               ` Suniel Mahesh
From: Suniel Mahesh @ 2020-04-02 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Reichl
  Cc: Kever Yang, linux-rockchip-IAPFreCvJWM7uuMidbF8XUB+6BGkLq7r,

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 12:57 PM Markus Reichl <m.reichl-SRyzfwRm/0rPTwkrwQOX7A@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi Suniel,
>
> Am 02.04.20 um 06:39 schrieb Suniel Mahesh:
> > On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 3:40 PM Markus Reichl <m.reichl-SRyzfwRm/0rPTwkrwQOX7A@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Suniel,

> >> And to PWRON of RK808.

> >> Yes, see P.16 of ROC-3399-PC-V10-A-20180804 schematic.

> >> Should work, everything is in place, just press long enough ;-).
> >
> > Thanks Markus for your help. its working.
> >

> >> Btw. could you just revert your recent U-Boot commit
> >> checking GPIO0_A5 that prevents unattended booting?
> >
> > we have sent a patch series(5 patches) which takes care of the above
> > issue. attaching patchwork links:
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1258093/
>
> I looked at your
> [v2,2/5] roc-rk3399-pc: Set low power leds, power key only if POR [1]
> and it seems to prevent unattended boot after a power interruption
> (brown out), which is a problem for a device with a built in board
> and no access to power key or operator.
> I really would prefer straight boot without human intervention in
> all cases.

reverted the patch, except diy-led(RED LED) is kept as it is.
This indicates the board is in full power mode.

Thanks