* Xenomai RTnet - Kernel module not loading
@ 2020-02-25 14:02 Benji
From: Benji @ 2020-02-25 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello all,

I'm a student working on a project comparing different real time OS
approaches. Trying to get RTnet working on a Xenomai Cobalt kernel, but
stuck on loading required kernel modules.

System is running on Ubuntu 18.04 and uses following versions to build
Xenomai kernel:

	Linux Kernel:	4.19.89
	IPIPE:		4.19.89
	Xenomai:	3.1

Kernel is build as described in Xenomai wiki and configured with RTnet
as kernel module.

After installing xenomai kernel and checking the module, everything
looks ok.

> $ sudo modinfo /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko
> filename:       /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko
> license:        GPL
> srcversion:     E1B65CA6F28C7B08C111720
> depends:
> retpoline:      Y
> intree:         Y
> name:           rtnet
> vermagic:       4.19.89 SMP mod_unload
> signat:         PKCS#7
> signer:
> sig_key:
> sig_hashalgo:   md4
> parm:           stack_mgr_prio:Priority of the stack manager task (uint)
> parm:           socket_rtskbs:Default number of realtime socket buffers in socket pools (uint)
> parm:           global_rtskbs:Number of realtime socket buffers in global pool (uint)
> parm:           device_rtskbs:Number of additional global realtime socket buffers per network adapter (uint)

But kernel module can't be loaded.

> $ sudo insmod /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko
> insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko: Function not implemented

Has anybody a hint how to build/ load RTnet kernel module properly?

Thanks
Benji

* Re: Xenomai RTnet - Kernel module not loading
@ 2020-02-25 14:11 ` Per Oberg
From: Per Oberg @ 2020-02-25 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benji; +Cc: xenomai

----- Den 25 feb 2020, på kl 15:02, xenomai xenomai@xenomai.org skrev:

> Hello all,

> I'm a student working on a project comparing different real time OS
> approaches. Trying to get RTnet working on a Xenomai Cobalt kernel, but
> stuck on loading required kernel modules.

> System is running on Ubuntu 18.04 and uses following versions to build
> Xenomai kernel:

> Linux Kernel: 4.19.89
> IPIPE: 4.19.89
> Xenomai: 3.1

> Kernel is build as described in Xenomai wiki and configured with RTnet
> as kernel module.

> After installing xenomai kernel and checking the module, everything
> looks ok.

> > $ sudo modinfo /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko
> > filename: /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko
> > license: GPL
> > srcversion: E1B65CA6F28C7B08C111720
> > depends:
> > retpoline: Y
> > intree: Y
> > name: rtnet
> > vermagic: 4.19.89 SMP mod_unload
> > signat: PKCS#7
> > signer:
> > sig_key:
> > sig_hashalgo: md4
> > parm: stack_mgr_prio:Priority of the stack manager task (uint)
>> parm: socket_rtskbs:Default number of realtime socket buffers in socket pools
> > (uint)
> > parm: global_rtskbs:Number of realtime socket buffers in global pool (uint)
>> parm: device_rtskbs:Number of additional global realtime socket buffers per
> > network adapter (uint)

> But kernel module can't be loaded.

> > $ sudo insmod /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko
>> insmod: ERROR: could not insert module
>> /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko: Function not
> > implemented

> Has anybody a hint how to build/ load RTnet kernel module properly?

Can you load any other modules? Did you include "loadable module support" in your kernel config?

If you do a simple "lsmod", does it say anything about other loaded modules ?

> Thanks
> Benji

Per Öberg

* Re: Xenomai RTnet - Kernel module not loading
@ 2020-02-25 14:24   ` Benji
From: Benji @ 2020-02-25 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Oberg; +Cc: xenomai

On 2/25/20 3:11 PM, Per Oberg wrote:

> ----- Den 25 feb 2020, på kl 15:02, xenomai xenomai@xenomai.org skrev:
>
>> Hello all,
>
>> I'm a student working on a project comparing different real time OS
>> approaches. Trying to get RTnet working on a Xenomai Cobalt kernel, but
>> stuck on loading required kernel modules.
>
>> System is running on Ubuntu 18.04 and uses following versions to build
>> Xenomai kernel:
>
>> Linux Kernel: 4.19.89
>> IPIPE: 4.19.89
>> Xenomai: 3.1
>
>> Kernel is build as described in Xenomai wiki and configured with RTnet
>> as kernel module.
>
>> After installing xenomai kernel and checking the module, everything
>> looks ok.
>
>>> $ sudo modinfo /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko
>>> filename: /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko
>>> license: GPL
>>> srcversion: E1B65CA6F28C7B08C111720
>>> depends:
>>> retpoline: Y
>>> intree: Y
>>> name: rtnet
>>> vermagic: 4.19.89 SMP mod_unload
>>> signat: PKCS#7
>>> signer:
>>> sig_key:
>>> sig_hashalgo: md4
>>> parm: stack_mgr_prio:Priority of the stack manager task (uint)
>>> parm: socket_rtskbs:Default number of realtime socket buffers in socket pools
>>> (uint)
>>> parm: global_rtskbs:Number of realtime socket buffers in global pool (uint)
>>> parm: device_rtskbs:Number of additional global realtime socket buffers per
>>> network adapter (uint)
>
>> But kernel module can't be loaded.
>
>>> $ sudo insmod /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko
>>> insmod: ERROR: could not insert module
>>> /lib/modules/4.19.89/kernel/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/rtnet.ko: Function not
>>> implemented
>
>> Has anybody a hint how to build/ load RTnet kernel module properly?
>
> Can you load any other modules? Did you include "loadable module support" in your kernel config?
>
> If you do a simple "lsmod", does it say anything about other loaded modules ?
>

>> Thanks
>> Benji
>

> Per Öberg

module, see below.
In kernel config 'MODULE_UNLOAD' and 'MODULES' are set.

@ 2020-02-25 14:44     ` Per Oberg
From: Per Oberg @ 2020-02-25 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benji; +Cc: xenomai

----- Den 25 feb 2020, på kl 15:24, Benji miethben@b-tu.de skrev:

> On 2/25/20 3:11 PM, Per Oberg wrote:

> > ----- Den 25 feb 2020, på kl 15:02, xenomai xenomai@xenomai.org skrev:

> >> Hello all,

> >> I'm a student working on a project comparing different real time OS
> >> approaches. Trying to get RTnet working on a Xenomai Cobalt kernel, but
> >> stuck on loading required kernel modules.

> >> System is running on Ubuntu 18.04 and uses following versions to build
> >> Xenomai kernel:

> >> Linux Kernel: 4.19.89
> >> IPIPE: 4.19.89
> >> Xenomai: 3.1

> >> Kernel is build as described in Xenomai wiki and configured with RTnet
> >> as kernel module.

> >> After installing xenomai kernel and checking the module, everything
> >> looks ok.

> >> But kernel module can't be loaded.

> >> Has anybody a hint how to build/ load RTnet kernel module properly?

>> Can you load any other modules? Did you include "loadable module support" in
> > your kernel config?

> > If you do a simple "lsmod", does it say anything about other loaded modules ?

> >> Thanks
> >> Benji

> > Per Öberg

> module, see below.
> In kernel config 'MODULE_UNLOAD' and 'MODULES' are set.

> > Module Size Used by
> > snd_hda_codec_hdmi 49152 1
> > snd_hda_codec_realtek 110592 1
> > snd_hda_codec_generic 73728 1 snd_hda_codec_realtek
> > rfcomm 69632 16
> > cmac 16384 1
> > bnep 20480 2
> > intel_rapl 20480 0
> > x86_pkg_temp_thermal 16384 0
> > intel_powerclamp 16384 0
> > coretemp 16384 0
> > arc4 16384 2
> > i915 1703936 6
> > iwlmvm 372736 0
> > mac80211 786432 1 iwlmvm
> > kvm_intel 184320 0
> > kvm 622592 1 kvm_intel
> > iwlwifi 303104 1 iwlmvm
> > cec 49152 1 i915
> > rc_core 45056 1 cec
> > drm_kms_helper 167936 1 i915
> > snd_hda_intel 40960 3

Then I would say that you have a mismatch between the versioning information in your module and kernel build. Are they built together or separately?

Can you please provide information from "uname -a" and "cat /proc/version"  ?

> Thanks
> Benji

Best regards
Per Öberg

* Re: Xenomai RTnet - Kernel module not loading
@ 2020-02-25 14:48       ` Per Oberg
From: Per Oberg @ 2020-02-25 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benji; +Cc: xenomai

----- Den 25 feb 2020, på kl 15:44, Per Öberg pero@wolfram.com skrev:

> ----- Den 25 feb 2020, på kl 15:24, Benji miethben@b-tu.de skrev:

> >> Can you load any other modules? Did you include "loadable module support" in
> > > your kernel config?

> > > If you do a simple "lsmod", does it say anything about other loaded modules ?

> > > Per Öberg

> > module, see below.
> > In kernel config 'MODULE_UNLOAD' and 'MODULES' are set.

> > > Module Size Used by
> > > snd_hda_codec_hdmi 49152 1
> > > snd_hda_codec_realtek 110592 1
> > > snd_hda_codec_generic 73728 1 snd_hda_codec_realtek
> > > rfcomm 69632 16
> > > cmac 16384 1
> > > bnep 20480 2
> > > intel_rapl 20480 0
> > > x86_pkg_temp_thermal 16384 0
> > > intel_powerclamp 16384 0
> > > coretemp 16384 0
> > > arc4 16384 2
> > > i915 1703936 6
> > > iwlmvm 372736 0
> > > mac80211 786432 1 iwlmvm
> > > kvm_intel 184320 0
> > > kvm 622592 1 kvm_intel
> > > iwlwifi 303104 1 iwlmvm
> > > cec 49152 1 i915
> > > rc_core 45056 1 cec
> > > drm_kms_helper 167936 1 i915
> > > snd_hda_intel 40960 3

> Then I would say that you have a mismatch between the versioning information in
> your module and kernel build. Are they built together or separately?

> Can you please provide information from "uname -a" and "cat /proc/version" ?

> > Thanks
> > Benji

> Best regards
> Per Öberg

Oh, and have you tried using "sudo modprobe rtnet". This command is a bit smarter and loads all the dependencies. (It looks in modules.dep that is generated by "depmod -a")

If there are missing dependencies you should get a warning of you run "depmod -a"

Per Öberg

* Re: Xenomai RTnet - Kernel module not loading
@ 2020-02-25 14:57         ` Benji
From: Benji @ 2020-02-25 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Oberg; +Cc: xenomai

On 2/25/20 3:48 PM, Per Oberg wrote:

>> Then I would say that you have a mismatch between the versioning information in
>> your module and kernel build. Are they built together or separately?
>
>> Can you please provide information from "uname -a" and "cat /proc/version" ?

Yes, there are build together.

> $ uname -a
> Linux build-machine 4.19.89 #2 SMP Tue Feb 18 14:30:42 CET 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

> $ cat /proc/version
> Linux version 4.19.89 (benji@build-machine) (gcc version 7.4.0 (Ubuntu 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1)) #2 SMP Tue Feb 18 14:30:42 CET 2020

>>> Thanks
>>> Benji
>
>> Best regards
>> Per Öberg
>
> Oh, and have you tried using "sudo modprobe rtnet". This command is a bit smarter and loads all the dependencies. (It looks in modules.dep that is generated by "depmod -a")
>
> If there are missing dependencies you should get a warning of you run "depmod -a"

Results are the same loading with 'modprobe'

@ 2020-02-25 15:06           ` Per Oberg
From: Per Oberg @ 2020-02-25 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benji; +Cc: xenomai

----- Den 25 feb 2020, på kl 15:57, Benji miethben@b-tu.de skrev:

> On 2/25/20 3:48 PM, Per Oberg wrote:

> >> Then I would say that you have a mismatch between the versioning information in
> >> your module and kernel build. Are they built together or separately?

> >> Can you please provide information from "uname -a" and "cat /proc/version" ?

> Yes, there are build together.

> > $ uname -a
>> Linux build-machine 4.19.89 #2 SMP Tue Feb 18 14:30:42 CET 2020 x86_64 x86_64
> > x86_64 GNU/Linux

> > $ cat /proc/version
>> Linux version 4.19.89 (benji@build-machine) (gcc version 7.4.0 (Ubuntu
> > 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1)) #2 SMP Tue Feb 18 14:30:42 CET 2020

> >> Best regards
> >> Per Öberg

>> Oh, and have you tried using "sudo modprobe rtnet". This command is a bit
>> smarter and loads all the dependencies. (It looks in modules.dep that is
> > generated by "depmod -a")

>> If there are missing dependencies you should get a warning of you run "depmod
> > -a"

> Results are the same loading with 'modprobe'

> > $ sudo modprobe rtnet
> > modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'rtnet': Function not implemented

> > Per Öberg

Are you sure you are running on the cobalt/rt  enabled kernel?

When running  "dmesg | grep Xenomai" do you see something like

# [    1.417024] [Xenomai] scheduling class idle registered.
# [    1.417025] [Xenomai] scheduling class rt registered.
# [    1.417045] [Xenomai] disabling automatic C1E state promotion on Intel processor
# [    1.417055] [Xenomai] SMI-enabled chipset found, but SMI workaround disabled
# [    1.417088] I-pipe: head domain Xenomai registered.
# [    1.417704] [Xenomai] allowing access to group 1234
# [    1.417726] [Xenomai] Cobalt v3.0.5 (Sisyphus's Boulder) [DEBUG]

> Benji

Regards
Per Öberg

* Re: Xenomai RTnet - Kernel module not loading
@ 2020-02-25 15:15             ` Benji
From: Benji @ 2020-02-25 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Oberg; +Cc: xenomai

On 2/25/20 4:06 PM, Per Oberg wrote:

> Are you sure you are running on the cobalt/rt  enabled kernel?
>
> When running  "dmesg | grep Xenomai" do you see something like
>
> # [    1.417024] [Xenomai] scheduling class idle registered.
> # [    1.417025] [Xenomai] scheduling class rt registered.
> # [    1.417045] [Xenomai] disabling automatic C1E state promotion on Intel processor
> # [    1.417055] [Xenomai] SMI-enabled chipset found, but SMI workaround disabled
> # [    1.417088] I-pipe: head domain Xenomai registered.
> # [    1.417704] [Xenomai] allowing access to group 1234
> # [    1.417726] [Xenomai] Cobalt v3.0.5 (Sisyphus's Boulder) [DEBUG]
>
> Regards
> Per Öberg

I thought system is running on cobalt kernel. But looks like there is an
initialisation error. What is meaning of error code -19?

@ 2020-02-25 15:31               ` Per Oberg
From: Per Oberg @ 2020-02-25 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benji; +Cc: xenomai

----- Den 25 feb 2020, på kl 16:15, Benji miethben@b-tu.de skrev:

> On 2/25/20 4:06 PM, Per Oberg wrote:

> > Are you sure you are running on the cobalt/rt enabled kernel?

> > When running "dmesg | grep Xenomai" do you see something like

> > # [ 1.417024] [Xenomai] scheduling class idle registered.
> > # [ 1.417025] [Xenomai] scheduling class rt registered.
>> # [ 1.417045] [Xenomai] disabling automatic C1E state promotion on Intel
> > processor
> > # [ 1.417055] [Xenomai] SMI-enabled chipset found, but SMI workaround disabled
> > # [ 1.417088] I-pipe: head domain Xenomai registered.
> > # [ 1.417704] [Xenomai] allowing access to group 1234
> > # [ 1.417726] [Xenomai] Cobalt v3.0.5 (Sisyphus's Boulder) [DEBUG]

> > Regards
> > Per Öberg

> I thought system is running on cobalt kernel. But looks like there is an
> initialisation error. What is meaning of error code -19?

> > $ dmesg | grep Xenomai
> > [ 8.543295] [Xenomai] scheduling class idle registered.
> > [ 8.543302] [Xenomai] scheduling class rt registered.
> > [ 8.543333] [Xenomai] init failed, code -19

I haven't seen that one myself. But check out:

https://xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2015-September/thread.html#35066

and

https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/-/wikis/Troubleshooting#no-timer

(Although i see the in-page link is broken check the section about timers)

Per Öberg

* Re: Xenomai RTnet - Kernel module not loading
@ 2020-02-27 15:37                 ` Benji
From: Benji @ 2020-02-27 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Oberg; +Cc: xenomai

On 2/25/20 4:31 PM, Per Oberg wrote:
> ----- Den 25 feb 2020, på kl 16:15, Benji miethben@b-tu.de skrev:
>
>> On 2/25/20 4:06 PM, Per Oberg wrote:
>

>>> Are you sure you are running on the cobalt/rt enabled kernel?
>
>>> When running "dmesg | grep Xenomai" do you see something like
>
>>> # [ 1.417024] [Xenomai] scheduling class idle registered.
>>> # [ 1.417025] [Xenomai] scheduling class rt registered.
>>> # [ 1.417045] [Xenomai] disabling automatic C1E state promotion on Intel
>>> processor
>>> # [ 1.417055] [Xenomai] SMI-enabled chipset found, but SMI workaround disabled
>>> # [ 1.417088] I-pipe: head domain Xenomai registered.
>>> # [ 1.417704] [Xenomai] allowing access to group 1234
>>> # [ 1.417726] [Xenomai] Cobalt v3.0.5 (Sisyphus's Boulder) [DEBUG]
>
>>> Regards
>>> Per Öberg
>

>> I thought system is running on cobalt kernel. But looks like there is an
>> initialisation error. What is meaning of error code -19?
>
>>> $ dmesg | grep Xenomai
>>> [ 8.543295] [Xenomai] scheduling class idle registered.
>>> [ 8.543302] [Xenomai] scheduling class rt registered.
>>> [ 8.543333] [Xenomai] init failed, code -19
>
> I haven't seen that one myself. But check out:
>
> https://xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2015-September/thread.html#35066
>
> and
>
> https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/-/wikis/Troubleshooting#no-timer
>
> (Although i see the in-page link is broken check the section about timers)
>

> Per Öberg

Hi,

the hint was in the right direction. There is something strange in my
build process. In kernel configuration i disable options described in
Xenomai Wiki (like CPU_FREQ, KGDB..). After running 'make bzImage
modules' and checking .config file, disabled option are enabled again.

Are there dependencies to force enable these option without notice?

@ 2020-02-27 15:51                   ` Greg Gallagher
From: Greg Gallagher @ 2020-02-27 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benji; +Cc: Per Oberg, xenomai

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 10:38 AM Benji via Xenomai <xenomai@xenomai.org> wrote:

> On 2/25/20 4:31 PM, Per Oberg wrote:
> > ----- Den 25 feb 2020, på kl 16:15, Benji miethben@b-tu.de skrev:

> >> I thought system is running on cobalt kernel. But looks like there is an
> >> initialisation error. What is meaning of error code -19?

> > I haven't seen that one myself. But check out:
> >
> > https://xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2015-September/thread.html#35066
> >
> > and
> >
> > https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/-/wikis/Troubleshooting#no-timer
> >
> > (Although i see the in-page link is broken check the section about timers)
> >

> > Per Öberg
> >
> Hi,
>
> the hint was in the right direction. There is something strange in my
> build process. In kernel configuration i disable options described in
> Xenomai Wiki (like CPU_FREQ, KGDB..). After running 'make bzImage
> modules' and checking .config file, disabled option are enabled again.
>
> Are there dependencies to force enable these option without notice?
>
> Thanks
> Benji

Did you use menuconfig? I use menuconfig to disable those options and
it makes it very clear if there are other options that need to be
disabled as well.

-Greg

* Re: Xenomai RTnet - Kernel module not loading
@ 2020-02-27 18:51                     ` Benji
From: Benji @ 2020-02-27 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Gallagher; +Cc: Per Oberg, xenomai

On 2/27/20 4:51 PM, Greg Gallagher wrote:

>>> I haven't seen that one myself. But check out:
>>>
>>> https://xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2015-September/thread.html#35066
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/-/wikis/Troubleshooting#no-timer
>>>
>>> (Although i see the in-page link is broken check the section about timers)
>>>

>>> Per Öberg
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the hint was in the right direction. There is something strange in my
>> build process. In kernel configuration i disable options described in
>> Xenomai Wiki (like CPU_FREQ, KGDB..). After running 'make bzImage
>> modules' and checking .config file, disabled option are enabled again.
>>
>> Are there dependencies to force enable these option without notice?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Benji
>>
> Did you use menuconfig? I use menuconfig to disable those options and
> it makes it very clear if there are other options that need to be
> disabled as well.
>
> -Greg

I use menuconfig. But some options can't be disabled like CPU_FREQ or
page migration. You're right there are warning about enabled options but
as i said they can't be disable. So i edit .config file manually to meet
requirement from Xenomai wiki.

Can somebody provide me a working configuration for x86_64 architecture?

@ 2020-02-27 18:55                       ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-02-27 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benji, Greg Gallagher; +Cc: xenomai

On 27.02.20 19:51, Benji via Xenomai wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the hint was in the right direction. There is something strange in my
>>> build process. In kernel configuration i disable options described in
>>> Xenomai Wiki (like CPU_FREQ, KGDB..). After running 'make bzImage
>>> modules' and checking .config file, disabled option are enabled again.
>>>
>>> Are there dependencies to force enable these option without notice?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Benji
>>>
>> Did you use menuconfig? I use menuconfig to disable those options and
>> it makes it very clear if there are other options that need to be
>> disabled as well.
>>
>> -Greg
>>

> I use menuconfig. But some options can't be disabled like CPU_FREQ or
> page migration. You're right there are warning about enabled options but
> as i said they can't be disable. So i edit .config file manually to meet
> requirement from Xenomai wiki.
>
> Can somebody provide me a working configuration for x86_64 architecture?

See https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai-images for a working image
and
https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai-images/blob/master/recipes-kernel/linux/files/amd64_defconfig
for a working config.

Jan

* Re: Xenomai RTnet - Kernel module not loading
@ 2020-03-02 14:49                         ` Benji
From: Benji @ 2020-03-02 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka, Greg Gallagher; +Cc: xenomai

Hi,

non of troubleshooting in the wiki fixed the problem with error -19.
Today i get access to a system with Intel Xeon CPU and compiled the
kernel with same configuration.

It looks like the system is starting Xenomai without any error:

> $ dmesg | grep Xenomai
> [    5.114787] [Xenomai] scheduling class idle registered.
> [    5.114878] [Xenomai] scheduling class rt registered.
> [    5.114984] [Xenomai] disabling automatic C1E state promotion on Intel processor
> [    5.115112] [Xenomai] SMI-enabled chipset found, but SMI workaround disabled
> [    5.115336] I-pipe: head domain Xenomai registered.
> [    5.115968] [Xenomai] Cobalt v3.1 [DEBUG]
>                *** RTnet for Xenomai v3.1 ***

First system i try to get Xenomai working had a Intel Core i7-8550U
working in Thinkpad X1 Carbon.

Is Intel Xeon and Core-i CPUs that different that Xenomai is unable to load?

On 2/27/20 7:55 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:

>>> Did you use menuconfig? I use menuconfig to disable those options and
>>> it makes it very clear if there are other options that need to be
>>> disabled as well.
>>>
>>> -Greg
>>>

>> I use menuconfig. But some options can't be disabled like CPU_FREQ or
>> page migration. You're right there are warning about enabled options but
>> as i said they can't be disable. So i edit .config file manually to meet
>> requirement from Xenomai wiki.
>>
>> Can somebody provide me a working configuration for x86_64 architecture?
>>

> See https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai-images for a working image
> and
> https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai-images/blob/master/recipes-kernel/linux/files/amd64_defconfig
> for a working config.