* First Patch Issue
@ 2016-10-01 11:53 MsMimansa
From: MsMimansa @ 2016-10-01 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel

Hello everyone
I was following the tutorial OutreachyFirstPatch .
During the steps where we are supposed to make some changes in the driver
and have to reboot the system.
I did that but the system is not rebooting. It shows an error , "Kernel
panic not syncing trying to kill init".
How do I fix this?
thank you

* Re: [Outreachy kernel] First Patch Issue
@ 2016-10-01 13:00 ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2016-10-01 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MsMimansa; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

On Sat, 1 Oct 2016, MsMimansa wrote:

> Hello everyone
> I was following the tutorial OutreachyFirstPatch .
> During the steps where we are supposed to make some changes in the driver and have to reboot the system.
> I did that but the system is not rebooting. It shows an error , "Kernel panic not syncing trying to kill init".
> How do I fix this?

Did you try google?  There may be some relevant information here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12867591/how-to-solve-kernel-panic-not-syncing-attempted-to-kill-init-without-er

Searching for the message shows some other links as well.

julia

@ 2016-10-01 13:53   ` MsMimansa
From: MsMimansa @ 2016-10-01 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel; +Cc: mimansa.mimansa4

Yes, I googled this ,every solution is suggesting to disable SElinux. But
that might have some security issues that's why I'm searching for an
alternative.

On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 6:30:33 PM UTC+5:30, Julia Lawall wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Oct 2016, MsMimansa wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone
> > I was following the tutorial OutreachyFirstPatch .
> > During the steps where we are supposed to make some changes in the
> driver and have to reboot the system.
> > I did that but the system is not rebooting. It shows an error , "Kernel
> panic not syncing trying to kill init".
> > How do I fix this?
>
> Did you try google?  There may be some relevant information here:
>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12867591/how-to-solve-kernel-panic-not-syncing-attempted-to-kill-init-without-er
>
> Searching for the message shows some other links as well.
>
> julia
>
> > thank you
> >
> > --
> <javascript:>.