* get two mono channel from stereo line
@ 2009-07-24  6:05 arif setiawan
From: arif setiawan @ 2009-07-24  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,

We have a beagleboard with one audio line-in and one audio line-out. From
the documentation both are stereo line. Now we want to use four mono audio
line for our system. two input from radio and microphone, two output to
radio and speaker. We use ALSA and we would like to know how we can achieve
this either by plugin or programming alsa.

Thank you for your help

Arif

* Re: get two mono channel from stereo line
       [not found]     ` <c697747b0907272239w379d52cew5c31d285b1552f10@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-07-28  7:29       ` Clemens Ladisch
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2009-07-28  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arif setiawan; +Cc: alsa-devel

arif setiawan wrote:
> It worked now. thank you. Apparently we changed something in your
> plugin sample.

Sorry, that was my error; I wrote a wrong number for the right dshare
plugin.

> The ipc_key for dshare in both left and right is supposed to be same
> right?, also for dsnoop.

Yes; the two processes that are to share the device use this to
communicate with each other.

Best regards,
Clemens

* get two mono channel from stereo line
@ 2009-07-27  8:54 arif setiawan
From: arif setiawan @ 2009-07-27  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Thank you.
It works as we expected, however we found that we can't run two lines
(left-capture - left-playback) and (right-capture - right-playback)
simulatenously.

The error message is :
ALSA lib pcm_dshare.c:706:(snd_pcm_dshare_open) unable to open slave
cannot open output audio device right: Device or resource busy

Is there any workaround for this?

* Re: get two mono channel from stereo line
@ 2009-07-24  9:09 ` Clemens Ladisch
       [not found]   ` <c697747b0907272008m291a97ach6b7cfbab4e2da50d@mail.gmail.com>
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2009-07-24  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arif setiawan; +Cc: alsa-devel

arif setiawan wrote:
> We have a beagleboard with one audio line-in and one audio line-out. From
> the documentation both are stereo line. Now we want to use four mono audio
> line for our system. two input from radio and microphone, two output to
> radio and speaker. We use ALSA and we would like to know how we can achieve
> this either by plugin or programming alsa.

Try something like this:

pcm_slave.stereo {
	pcm "hw:0,0"	# or whatever your device is
	channels 2
}

pcm.left {
	type asym