* Re: FIO generated workload file export
       [not found] ` <CAGSn662K7z5QD44VSoxDiw2ow7mnga1+V5-A3P+u8BQzO=qtUg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2019-09-17 21:28   ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2019-09-17 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohiuddin Qader, fio

On 9/17/19 3:27 PM, Mohiuddin Qader wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I have a question on FIO tool. I wanted to use the generated workload from FIO in some other programs. Is there any way to export the generated workload to file in some format (preferably in: fd, offset, value).

See write_iolog=

--
Jens Axboe

* Re: FIO generated workload file export
@ 2019-09-18 11:28     ` Sitsofe Wheeler
From: Sitsofe Wheeler @ 2019-09-18 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohiuddin Qader; +Cc: fio, Jens Axboe

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 01:35, Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk> wrote:

> On 9/17/19 3:27 PM, Mohiuddin Qader wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> > I have a question on FIO tool. I wanted to use the generated workload from FIO in some other programs. Is there any way to export the generated workload to file in some format (preferably in: fd, offset, value).
>
> See write_iolog=

Yup. There's a whole part of the documentation that describes an easy
to create trace file format -
https://fio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/fio_man.html#trace-file-format-v2
and you can also read the information in the I/O replay section
(https://fio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/fio_man.html#i-o-replay ) which
talks about log playback.

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/