* Spam coming from reiserfs-list
@ 2007-01-31  5:38 Tracy R Reed
       [not found] ` <200701311327.32963.vs@namesys.com>
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Tracy R Reed @ 2007-01-31  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

* Re: Spam coming from reiserfs-list
       [not found] ` <200701311327.32963.vs@namesys.com>
@ 2007-01-31 10:06   ` Tracy R Reed
From: Tracy R Reed @ 2007-01-31 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir V. Saveliev; +Cc: reiserfs-list

* Re: Spam coming from reiserfs-list
       [not found] ` <200701311327.32963.vs@namesys.com>
@ 2007-01-31 12:19 ` Chris Dukes
From: Chris Dukes @ 2007-01-31 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tracy R Reed; +Cc: reiserfs-list

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 09:38:21PM -0800, Tracy R Reed wrote:

> Would someone please restrict this list to subscriber-only like all of
> the other lists out there? Spam far outnumbers legit posts.

It's been that way for years.
Hell there was even the spiffy incident where Hans directed
one of his minions to delete me from the list to stop me
from complaining about the spam.

--
Chris Dukes
"In cynicism she's about 35" -- Terry Pratchett's "Hog Father"

* Re: Spam coming from reiserfs-list
@ 2007-01-31 15:42     ` Bryan Petty
From: Bryan Petty @ 2007-01-31 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tracy R Reed; +Cc: Vladimir V. Saveliev, reiserfs-list

On 1/31/07, Tracy R Reed <treed@ultraviolet.org> wrote:
> I understand that. Those people should simply subscribe if they want to
> post. That is how every one of the other 30 mailing lists I am on works.
> Otherwise your list is just a spam amplifier.

That isn't an optimal solution since a number of conversations in the
past have been shared with LKML, and I would like to see those replies
without needing to subscribe to that mailing list as well.

Regards,
Bryan Petty

@ 2007-02-01 10:00 ` malcolm
From: malcolm @ 2007-02-01 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 06:38, Tracy R Reed wrote:
> Would someone please restrict this list to subscriber-only like all of
> the other lists out there? Spam far outnumbers legit posts.

Do the spammers read this list. Until you started talking about spam, I had
been relatively surprised how little spam there has been on the list in the
past 6 months or so --- almost zero. And then today there it was.

Malcolm