From: "Jasper Orschulko" <Jasper.Orschulko@iris-sensing.com>
To: "yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org" <yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org>,
	"raj.khem@gmail.com" <raj.khem@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [yocto] Statically linked libraries and license manifest
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 16:00:17 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Khem,

thanks for your reply. As far as I understand, the "proper" way is to
use dynamic linked libraries whenever possible? I have done some more
thinking on the matter, and at least in our case the packages in
question are empty (the base package that is, everything else is in
${PN}-src ${PN}-devstatic etc), so I believe the easiest way to include
these into the license manifest is to also add them to RDEPENDS and set
ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN} = "1". This should not change the output image, but
include the packages in the build, thus adding them to the license
manifest. What do you think?

- --
With best regards

Jasper Orschulko