From: "Jasper Orschulko" <Jasper.Orschulko@iris-sensing.com>
To: "raj.khem@gmail.com" <raj.khem@gmail.com>
Cc: "yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org" <yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org>
Subject: Re: [yocto] Statically linked libraries and license manifest
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 16:17:58 +0000	[thread overview]

OK, maybe I did not make the issue clear enough:

I have a package A which statically links package B at compile time
(using DEPENDS).
As a result the package A is "tainted" with source code from package B.
However, as package B is only in the DEPENDS, not in the RDEPENDS, it
is not included in the license.manifest. As a result, the output image
violates the license terms of package B.

Now my idea comes into play:
Add package B to the RDEPENDS (even though the ${PN} package is empty
after the packages-split), which should result in package B's inclusion
in the license.manifest. Or am I approaching this completely wrong?

- --
With best regards

Jasper Orschulko
DevOps Engineer