* CVE related consulting on linux-yocto on zeus branch
@ 2020-03-11  6:04 zangrc
From: zangrc @ 2020-03-11  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Ashfield; +Cc: openembedded-core

Hello,

our team is currently working on CVE-related work. I would like to ask
if the zeus branch of yocto has an update plan for linux-yocto in the
near future. If not, can we submit a CVE-related patch for the
linux-yocto of the zeus branch.

  --
Best Regards!
Zang Ruochen

* Re: CVE related consulting on linux-yocto on zeus branch
@ 2020-03-11 12:36 ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2020-03-11 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zangrc; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 2:02 AM zangrc <zangrc.fnst@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> our team is currently working on CVE-related work. I would like to ask
> if the zeus branch of yocto has an update plan for linux-yocto in the
> near future. If not, can we submit a CVE-related patch for the
> linux-yocto of the zeus branch.

If it is part of -stable, then yes, it will be integrated into any of
the active upstream kernels. If it is in 5.2, we also have a -stable
process for those kernels as well.

If it doesn't fall into those categories, then send any patches
(against the kernel itself) to the linux-yocto mailing list, do not
send them as patches to the linux-yocto recipe itself.

Cheers,

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end

* Re: CVE related consulting on linux-yocto on zeus branch
@ 2020-03-12  6:16   ` zangrc
From: zangrc @ 2020-03-12  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Ashfield; +Cc: openembedded-core

Our team plans to submit CVE-related patches that are not included in
-stable, but we found that the current version of the linux-yocto recipe
is lower than the linux-yocto git repository. On which version should we
make the patch.

@ 2020-03-12 12:39     ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2020-03-12 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zangrc; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 2:28 AM zangrc <zangrc.fnst@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Our team plans to submit CVE-related patches that are not included in
> -stable, but we found that the current version of the linux-yocto recipe
> is lower than the linux-yocto git repository. On which version should we
> make the patch.

Send patches against the latest linux-yocto kernel tree, following the
upstream kernel process. Also, consider nominating the patches for
upstream -stable as well (but we can still integrate them to
linux-yocto first).

I can generate SRCREV bumps for the actual recipes, for the stable
branches, after that.

Cheers,

Bruce