From: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
To: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>,
	Nick Desaulniers <ndesaulniers@google.com>
Cc: kernel test robot <lkp@intel.com>, <kbuild-all@lists.01.org>,
	clang-built-linux <clang-built-linux@googlegroups.com>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: sound/soc/ti/j721e-evm.c:528:34: warning: unused variable 'j721e_audio_of_match'
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 09:00:02 +0300	[thread overview]

On 28/09/2020 21.04, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 10:52:54AM -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 12:27 AM 'Peter Ujfalusi' via Clang Built
>
>>> Right, in the attached .config:
>>> # CONFIG_OF is not set
>
>>> There must be a clean way to handle this without extensive ifedfery...
>
>> Pretty sure I just saw a patch go by wrapping another device table
>> definition in #ifdef CONFIG_OF, so it's not unusual.
>
> It's the standard solution, it's just not as clean as would be ideal :/

The ifdef would be preferred if the driver could work in non DT boot (to
save few bytes) but since it is not the case here:

https://lore.kernel.org/alsa-devel/20200928074330.13029-1-peter.ujfalusi@ti.com/

Not much point to size optimize for randconfig builds ;)

- Péter

Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki

From: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
To: kbuild-all@lists.01.org
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 09:00:02 +0300	[thread overview]