* [Bug Report] loadenv module
@ 2009-08-28 12:22 Yves Blusseau
From: Yves Blusseau @ 2009-08-28 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2

Hi,

i have compiled the current version of grub2 under OSX. I have an
error when using the loadenv module:
I don't have any grub.cfg file. When i was at the prompt i do a
save_env timeout and grub return me an "out of partition" error.

I have created a newly grubenv with grub-editenv command before the
test.

I have check under qemu and OSX: same error. I was using a GPT drive
and the grubenv file is in a hfsplus partition.

If i set a value with grub-editenv and try to load it from grub with
the load_env command, all is working well and the variable is import
in the environement.

Best regards,
Yves Blusseau

* Re: [Bug Report] loadenv module
@ 2009-08-29 14:03 ` Yves Blusseau
From: Yves Blusseau @ 2009-08-29 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2

> Hi,
>
> i have compiled the current version of grub2 under OSX. I have an
> error when using the loadenv module:
> I don't have any grub.cfg file. When i was at the prompt i do a
> save_env timeout and grub return me an "out of partition" error.
>
> I have created a newly grubenv with grub-editenv command before the
> test.
>
> I have check under qemu and OSX: same error. I was using a GPT drive
> and the grubenv file is in a hfsplus partition.
>
> If i set a value with grub-editenv and try to load it from grub with
> the load_env command, all is working well and the variable is import
> in the environement.

Another usefull information, the problem came from loadenv module
compiled on OSX because if i take only the loadenv.mod compiled on
linux it's work.

@ 2009-08-30 14:56   ` Bean
From: Bean @ 2009-08-30 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Yves Blusseau<blusseau@zetam.org> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> i have compiled the current version of grub2 under OSX. I have an error
>> when using the loadenv module:
>> I don't have any grub.cfg file. When i was at the prompt i do a save_env
>> timeout and grub return me an "out of partition" error.
>>
>> I have created a newly grubenv with grub-editenv command before the test.
>>
>> I have check under qemu and OSX: same error. I was using a GPT drive and
>> the grubenv file is in a hfsplus partition.
>>
>> If i set a value with grub-editenv and try to load it from grub with the
>> load_env command, all is working well and the variable is import in the
>> environement.
>
> Another usefull information, the problem came from loadenv module compiled
> on OSX because if i take only the loadenv.mod compiled on linux it's work.

Hi,

This might be caused by some bug in objconv, you could try my github
repo that uses native converter and see if the problem is still there.

--
Bean

gitgrub home: http://github.com/grub/grub/
my fork page: http://github.com/bean123/grub/