* [cip-dev] isar-cip-core unhappy with our current runners
@ 2021-07-06 16:10 Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2021-07-06 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev, Adler, Michael (CT RDA IOT SES-DE),
	Chris Paterson, Quirin Gylstorff

Hi all,

maybe someone has a clue: isar-cip-core does not build anymore with the
current runners, see e.g.
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/isar-cip-core/-/jobs/1401975741:

"update-binfmts: warning: unable to open /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/status
for writing: Permission denied"

I'm also not sure, given that we have two group runners available now,
if they differ and if isar-cip-core will use the right one. Maybe
additional tags are needed?

Did anything change recently?

Jan

--
Siemens AG, T RDA IOT

* Re: [cip-dev] isar-cip-core unhappy with our current runners
@ 2021-07-07  6:14 ` Michael Adler
From: Michael Adler @ 2021-07-07  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka; +Cc: cip-dev, Chris Paterson, Quirin Gylstorff

Hi Jan,

> maybe someone has a clue: isar-cip-core does not build anymore with the
> current runners, see e.g.

yes, I might have a clue: I upgraded the runners to v14 two weeks ago [1]. I have downgraded our runners back to v13
[2].  Please let me know if that does the trick. Then either we found a regression in the v14 runner (which might
already be fixed by now) or we need to adjust the configuration (I have a feeling that the privileged flag is not
propagated correctly).

> I'm also not sure, given that we have two group runners available now,
> if they differ and if isar-cip-core will use the right one. Maybe
> additional tags are needed?

I think it was the correct runner. We have a large (tag 'large') and small (tag 'small') runner: The large runner allows
privileged, the small one doesn't (anymore).

Kind Regards,
  Michael

[1] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/gitlab-cloud-ci/-/commit/7920a9105743c96db548c06faac28243d7cd9c96
[2] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/gitlab-cloud-ci/-/commit/6e9b58da1a557be4ca602822ad4b8f23f172a2d3

--
Michael Adler

Siemens AG
T RDA IOT SES-DE
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 München, Deutschland

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jim Hagemann Snabe; Vorstand: Roland Busch, Vorsitzender; Klaus Helmrich, Cedrik Neike, Matthias Rebellius, Ralf P. Thomas, Judith Wiese; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322

* Re: [cip-dev] isar-cip-core unhappy with our current runners
@ 2021-07-07  6:46   ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2021-07-07  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Adler; +Cc: cip-dev, Chris Paterson, Quirin Gylstorff

On 07.07.21 08:14, Michael Adler wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
>> maybe someone has a clue: isar-cip-core does not build anymore with the
>> current runners, see e.g.
>
> yes, I might have a clue: I upgraded the runners to v14 two weeks ago [1]. I have downgraded our runners back to v13
> [2].  Please let me know if that does the trick. Then either we found a regression in the v14 runner (which might
> already be fixed by now) or we need to adjust the configuration (I have a feeling that the privileged flag is not
> propagated correctly).

Yes, looks better again:
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/isar-cip-core/-/jobs/1404904190

>> I'm also not sure, given that we have two group runners available now,
>> if they differ and if isar-cip-core will use the right one. Maybe
>> additional tags are needed?
>
> I think it was the correct runner. We have a large (tag 'large') and small (tag 'small') runner: The large runner allows
> privileged, the small one doesn't (anymore).

Shouldn't we add tags to our .gitlab-ci.yml then? The group runners
cannot be individually selected for a repo, thus isar-cip-core will pick
from both, I think.

Jan

@ 2021-07-07  7:41     ` Michael Adler
From: Michael Adler @ 2021-07-07  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)