* udev 034 wait_for_sysfs another one
@ 2004-10-10  2:30 Andrew
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Andrew @ 2004-10-10  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

device '/class/firmware/0000:03:00.0'
(firmware for the prism54 [Prism GT/Prism Duette])

Thx.
Andrew

* Re: udev 034 wait_for_sysfs another one
@ 2004-10-11 14:50 ` Lars
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Lars @ 2004-10-11 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

nearly the same here with my wireless card,
after some time it starts working but i get:

Oct 11 15:36:31 uptimegrrl kernel: prism54: request_firmware() failed for
'isl3890'
Oct 11 15:36:31 uptimegrrl kernel: eth2: could not upload firmware
('isl3890')
Oct 11 15:37:58 uptimegrrl wait_for_sysfs[3567]: error: wait_for_sysfs needs
an update to handle the device '/class/firmware/0000:01:09.0' properly,
please report to <linux-hotplug-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>

best
lars

Andrew wrote:

> device '/class/firmware/0000:03:00.0'
> (firmware for the prism54 [Prism GT/Prism Duette])
>
> Thx.
> Andrew

* Re: udev 034 wait_for_sysfs another one
@ 2004-10-11 22:40 ` Greg KH
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Greg KH @ 2004-10-11 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 10:30:50PM -0400, Andrew wrote:
> device '/class/firmware/0000:03:00.0'
> (firmware for the prism54 [Prism GT/Prism Duette])

Thanks for the report.  Because of this, the next version of udev should
not report these errors.  If it does, please let us know.

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: udev 034 wait_for_sysfs another one
@ 2004-10-11 22:41 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2004-10-11 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 04:50:28PM +0200, Lars wrote:
> nearly the same here with my wireless card,
> after some time it starts working but i get:
>
> Oct 11 15:36:31 uptimegrrl kernel: prism54: request_firmware() failed for
> 'isl3890'
> Oct 11 15:36:31 uptimegrrl kernel: eth2: could not upload firmware
> ('isl3890')

Hm, do you have your firmware in /lib/firmware?  That's where the latest
hotplug scripts expect it to be.

> Oct 11 15:37:58 uptimegrrl wait_for_sysfs[3567]: error: wait_for_sysfs needs
> an update to handle the device '/class/firmware/0000:01:09.0' properly,
> please report to <linux-hotplug-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>

Thanks for the report.  Because of this, the next version of udev should
not report these errors.  If it does, please let us know.

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: udev 034 wait_for_sysfs another one
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-10-12  8:41 ` Lars
From: Lars @ 2004-10-12  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

yes, firmware is in /lib/firmware and worked nice before.
guess it went worse with the latest fedora rawhide updates.
maybe udev-034-2 is causing this.

thanks
lars

Greg KH wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 04:50:28PM +0200, Lars wrote:
>> nearly the same here with my wireless card,
>> after some time it starts working but i get:
>>
>> Oct 11 15:36:31 uptimegrrl kernel: prism54: request_firmware() failed for
>> 'isl3890'
>> Oct 11 15:36:31 uptimegrrl kernel: eth2: could not upload firmware
>> ('isl3890')
>
> Hm, do you have your firmware in /lib/firmware?  That's where the latest
> hotplug scripts expect it to be.
>
>> Oct 11 15:37:58 uptimegrrl wait_for_sysfs[3567]: error: wait_for_sysfs
>> needs an update to handle the device '/class/firmware/0000:01:09.0'
>> properly, please report to <linux-hotplug-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> Thanks for the report.  Because of this, the next version of udev should
> not report these errors.  If it does, please let us know.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

* Re: udev 034 wait_for_sysfs another one
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-10-12 15:10 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2004-10-12 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:41:45AM +0200, Lars wrote:
> yes, firmware is in /lib/firmware and worked nice before.
> guess it went worse with the latest fedora rawhide updates.
> maybe udev-034-2 is causing this.

No, udev has nothing to do with the firmware stuff, that's the kernel
and the hotplug scripts.  I suggest you take that issue to the fedora
mailing lists.

Good luck,

greg k-h