* TCP/IP Stack Programming in Linux
@ 2004-07-02 10:23 Dinesh Ahuja
From: Dinesh Ahuja @ 2004-07-02 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-c-programming

Hi Everybody,

I have started making familiar myself with TCP/IP
Programming in Linux. I am interested in learing
TCP/IP Stack Programming in Linux and how could I
modify a TCP/IP stack to meet my requirements.

Could anyone suggest me a book on TCP/IP Stack
Programming in C/C++ ?

Thanks & Regards
Diens-Ahuja

Yahoo! India Careers: Over 50,000 jobs online
Go to: http://yahoo.naukri.com/

* Re: TCP/IP Stack Programming in Linux
@ 2004-07-02 12:03 ` Jan-Benedict Glaw
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw @ 2004-07-02 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dinesh Ahuja; +Cc: linux-c-programming

On Fri, 2004-07-02 11:23:29 +0100, Dinesh Ahuja <mdlinux7@yahoo.co.in>
wrote in message <20040702102329.1172.qmail@web8305.mail.in.yahoo.com>:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I have started making familiar myself with TCP/IP
> Programming in Linux. I am interested in learing
> TCP/IP Stack Programming in Linux and how could I

I suggest you go over to your book dealer and ask him for "Stevens,
W. Richard: Unix Network Programming, Volume 1: Networking APIs: Sockets
and XTI".

> modify a TCP/IP stack to meet my requirements.

Most probably, that's not needed at all.

> Could anyone suggest me a book on TCP/IP Stack
> Programming in C/C++ ?

MfG, JBG

* Re: TCP/IP Stack Programming in Linux
@ 2004-11-09 23:51   ` vincent
From: vincent @ 2004-11-09 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-c-programming

Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-02 11:23:29 +0100, Dinesh Ahuja <mdlinux7@yahoo.co.in>
> wrote in message <20040702102329.1172.qmail@web8305.mail.in.yahoo.com>:
>
>>Hi Everybody,
>>
>>I have started making familiar myself with TCP/IP
>>Programming in Linux. I am interested in learing
>>TCP/IP Stack Programming in Linux and how could I
>

> I suggest you go over to your book dealer and ask him for "Stevens,
> W. Richard: Unix Network Programming, Volume 1: Networking APIs: Sockets
> and XTI".

Volume 2 would even be better!
This book describes the whole implementation of a TCP/IP Stack!
mfg vince

@ 2004-07-01 18:50 Bob Gill
From: Bob Gill @ 2004-07-01 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would recommend UNIX Network Programming - Networking APIs: Sockets
and XTI, and UNIX Network Programming - Interprocess Communications both
by (the late and great) W. Richard Stevens.  They are big, thick, very
detailed and have lots of example code.  A list of his books are at
http://www.kohala.com/start/#books.  None of them are especially for
Linux, but they mostly apply except for where they don't.  Good Luck.

Bob

* TCP/IP Stack Programming in Linux
@ 2004-07-01  6:20 Dinesh Ahuja
From: Dinesh Ahuja @ 2004-07-01  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi Everybody,

I am new to Linux World and really fascinated with it.
Could anyone guide me how to start with TCP/IP
Programming in Linux ? Please suggest some books as I
am novice in this field.

Thanks & Regards
Dinesh-Ahuja