* LV5H clone
@ 2009-06-19  6:12 Mimmo Squillace
From: Mimmo Squillace @ 2009-06-19  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi,

I've a LV5H clone marketed in Italy under Extreme Technology brand
which does not work under Ubuntu Jaunty (kernel version 2.6.30 used to
solve intel graphics video card performance issue).
It is identified by:
        idVendor=eb1a, idProduct=2883
I tried to use it using the following em28xx.conf (in /etc/modprobe.d
directory):
        options em28xx card=1
in order to use generic 28xx driver; it is attached as /dev/video0 and
/dev/vbi0 but tvtime says that it could not recognize video input,
xawtv hangs and scantv says that there is no tuner!
After modprobe em28xx_dvb (dmesg says succefull initialized...)
Kaffeine doesn't recognize it and scan returns a "Fatal error
/dev/dvb/adapter0 etc..." ...

There are some chanches to use it under Ubuntu or I've to switch to
WXP  every time I wish to watch TV?

If needed I can run some test ...

Thanks in advance,

Mimmo