* Bind update
@ 2018-03-24 15:35 akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2018-03-24 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Hello,

While working on updating the current bind to the next patch level, I
noticed our current version 9.10.6 will EOL June 2018. I know we are
under feature freeze for the Sumo release.

Could we make an exception and allow an update of bind to the ESV
version 9.11.3 ?, it EOL's Dec 2021.

regards,

armin

* Re: Bind update
@ 2018-03-26  9:20 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2018-03-26  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster808, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On 03/24/2018 05:35 PM, akuster808 wrote:
> While working on updating the current bind to the next patch level, I
> noticed our current version 9.10.6 will EOL June 2018. I know we are
> under feature freeze for the Sumo release.
>
> Could we make an exception and allow an update of bind to the ESV
> version 9.11.3 ?, it EOL's Dec 2021.

I'd say yes. But please do send the updates for your packages in a
timely manner.

Alex

* Re: Bind update
@ 2018-03-26 14:49   ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2018-03-26 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin, Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On 03/26/2018 02:20 AM, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> On 03/24/2018 05:35 PM, akuster808 wrote:
>> While working on updating the current bind to the next patch level, I
>> noticed our current version 9.10.6 will EOL June 2018. I know we are
>> under feature freeze for the Sumo release.
>>
>> Could we make an exception and allow an update of bind to the ESV
>> version 9.11.3 ?, it EOL's Dec 2021.
>
> I'd say yes. But please do send the updates for your packages in a
> timely manner.
Sorry Mom. I will try better next time ; )

- armin

> Alex

* Re: Bind update
@ 2018-03-28 11:15 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-03-28 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster808; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Hi Armin,

Does this mean you are working on the upgrade, or should someone else start now?

Ross

On 24 March 2018 at 15:35, akuster808 <akuster808@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While working on updating the current bind to the next patch level, I
> noticed our current version 9.10.6 will EOL June 2018. I know we are
> under feature freeze for the Sumo release.
>
> Could we make an exception and allow an update of bind to the ESV
> version 9.11.3 ?, it EOL's Dec 2021.
>
> regards,
>
> armin

* Re: Bind update
@ 2018-03-28 14:48   ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2018-03-28 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On 03/28/2018 04:15 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> Hi Armin,
>
> Does this mean you are working on the upgrade, or should someone else start now?
I think I did it. just need to find my work.

- armin

> Ross
>
> On 24 March 2018 at 15:35, akuster808 <akuster808@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> While working on updating the current bind to the next patch level, I
>> noticed our current version 9.10.6 will EOL June 2018. I know we are
>> under feature freeze for the Sumo release.
>>
>> Could we make an exception and allow an update of bind to the ESV
>> version 9.11.3 ?, it EOL's Dec 2021.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> armin
>>
>> --

* Re: Bind update
@ 2018-03-29 22:33     ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2018-03-29 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster808; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 07:48:34AM -0700, akuster808 wrote:

> On 03/28/2018 04:15 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> > Hi Armin,
> >
> > Does this mean you are working on the upgrade, or should someone else start now?
> I think I did it. just need to find my work.

Did your dog eat your work? ;)

> - armin
> >
> > Ross
> >
> > On 24 March 2018 at 15:35, akuster808 <akuster808@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> While working on updating the current bind to the next patch level, I
> >> noticed our current version 9.10.6 will EOL June 2018. I know we are
> >> under feature freeze for the Sumo release.
> >>
> >> Could we make an exception and allow an update of bind to the ESV
> >> version 9.11.3 ?, it EOL's Dec 2021.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >>
> >> armin
> >>
> >> --

* Re: Bind update
@ 2018-03-30  0:49       ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2018-03-30  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denys Dmytriyenko; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On 03/29/2018 03:33 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 07:48:34AM -0700, akuster808 wrote:
>>
>> On 03/28/2018 04:15 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
>>> Hi Armin,
>>>
>>> Does this mean you are working on the upgrade, or should someone else start now?
>> I think I did it. just need to find my work.
> Did your dog eat your work? ;)
How did you know!  I think i might need the openssl update,  its
expecting a new crypto definition..

- armin